iOS 6 deleted favorites in safari

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by abs9986, Sep 20, 2012.

1. abs9986 macrumors member

How do I get my favorites back. I can't even seem to add a new folder or bookmark. I hit the book on the bottom and hit add folder and done but nothing happens. I do see iCloud sync though for the tabs opened on my Mac. Did I lose my favorites on my iPhone because they were not on my Mac ?

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Are you using iCloud, if so, are you sure it is setup properly and logged in? If you are not using iCloud, check your iTunes settings when your phone is attached to your computer and ensure you are sync settings are enabled correctly.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I agree with what 840quadra said. I updated my iPhone and iPad and didn't lose any bookmarks.

4. abs9986 thread starter macrumors member

These were local favorites that I just put in my iPhone. I had iCloud in iOS 5. Not sure what changes I could have made with iOS 6

5. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me last night. My "local" bookmarks on the iPhone were there initially after updating, but then mysteriously disappeared. I rebooted the phone, and everything was back.

Try turning your iPhone off then back on.

6. abs9986 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. Tht worked great. Shows how I wouldn't think to turn my phone off since with apple products you never have to lol