iOS 6 Maps screenshots! [BGR]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anti-microsoft, May 29, 2012.

1. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Cool, but if they don't have free turn-by-turn navigation, it's not all the impressive.

2. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Agreed, but it hints at the removal of the blue bars for grey bars. So a new UI is in the works.

3. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Free?

lol

This is APPLE we're talking about.

You'll get the voice-less map for Free. Turn-by-turn will cost you $8.99 a month!

$1 cheaper than your Carrier's GPS offering!

4. Jedii macrumors regular

Why are the americans super obsessed with navigation..

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I understand the desire to have turn by turn steps. But how hard is it to figure out where you're at, and which way north is?

I know I'll get the down votes for this, but I still don't understand this huge craving people have for this, and how maps is a failure if it doesn't have them. Its a map. It tells you where you're at. You tell it where you want to go. It draws a path for you.

6. briantaylor619 macrumors member

Nothing to see here folks.

The first picture is simply a fake mockup.

7. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Because our country is enormous and we drive everywhere. Any other questions?

8. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

Cool... for the Americans ;-) It will probably be a POS for the rest of us... just like Siri :p

9. SurferMan, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

SurferMan macrumors 65816

What car do you have? Or if not equipped look at the headunits Nav systems in most any vehicle today. Would you rather "maps", or would you want the full integration, various detailed views, features, turn by turn, etc of a full featured Nav system in the dash? Apply that to the phone, you want "maps" or do you want something like Google Nav, Tom Tom, Navigon etc ;)

Now the pic above, imo is useless. It's pry their version of streetview from Google or people who just want to zoom in to a view like that of an area for whatever reason, just like you can zoom in on Google. No way they'll have Nav setup like that, be way to confusing to route and look at with all the detail.

10. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I wonder how is this supposed to make my gps use or maps experience better ?

11. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Why is this comment down voted? It clearly states in the article that it's a mock up. The OP should be down voted for a misleading thread title.

12. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

:confused:who pays there carrier ?