iOS 6 Maps screenshots! [BGR]

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Cool, but if they don't have free turn-by-turn navigation, it's not all the impressive.
Free?

lol

This is APPLE we're talking about.

You'll get the voice-less map for Free. Turn-by-turn will cost you $8.99 a month!

$1 cheaper than your Carrier's GPS offering!

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I understand the desire to have turn by turn steps. But how hard is it to figure out where you're at, and which way north is?

I know I'll get the down votes for this, but I still don't understand this huge craving people have for this, and how maps is a failure if it doesn't have them. Its a map. It tells you where you're at. You tell it where you want to go. It draws a path for you.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I understand the desire to have turn by turn steps. But how hard is it to figure out where you're at, and which way north is?

I know I'll get the down votes for this, but I still don't understand this huge craving people have for this, and how maps is a failure if it doesn't have them. Its a map. It tells you where you're at. You tell it where you want to go. It draws a path for you.
What car do you have? Or if not equipped look at the headunits Nav systems in most any vehicle today. Would you rather "maps", or would you want the full integration, various detailed views, features, turn by turn, etc of a full featured Nav system in the dash? Apply that to the phone, you want "maps" or do you want something like Google Nav, Tom Tom, Navigon etc ;)

Now the pic above, imo is useless. It's pry their version of streetview from Google or people who just want to zoom in to a view like that of an area for whatever reason, just like you can zoom in on Google. No way they'll have Nav setup like that, be way to confusing to route and look at with all the detail.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.