iOS 6 Maps shows black screen in hybrid or satellite view on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by machpost, Sep 19, 2012.

1. machpost macrumors 6502

machpost

I just updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6, and while standard view works fine in maps, when I switch to hybrid or satellite view, all I get is a black screen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jadamsnz macrumors newbie

Same Issue

Same here on my iPad 2. My iPhone 4 is fine, both on same wifi network. iPhone doesn't have the 3D option that the iPad2 does, may be related?

3. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm sorry to read that. I have an iPad 2 and those views are working for me.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Same here it works just fine except that GPS did not pinpoint very accurate on iPad. iPhone 4s is very close. :apple:

5. machpost thread starter macrumors 6502

machpost

I wonder if this is a problem that resides on Apple's network side, or if it's going to require a system update to fix.

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Just curious, but are you overseas or in the US? I've seen this problem among several folks overseas.

7. machpost thread starter macrumors 6502

machpost

I'm in the US, Washington, DC to be precise. This appears to be a very isolated issue, but at least it's not just me.

I did run into the WiFi failure issues last evening just as I was running through setup after updating to iOS 6, if there's any chance that might have affected it.

8. jadamsnz macrumors newbie

I'm overseas. At the same time I was having this issue with my iPad 2 my iPhone 4 was fine, as was a friend's iPhone 4S.

9. machpost thread starter macrumors 6502

machpost

So has anyone seen evidence elsewhere that resetting the iPad might fix this?

10. machpost thread starter macrumors 6502

machpost

Fixed! I did an "erase all content and settings," then restored from an iCloud backup, and satellite/3D map imagery is now working.

11. kitten.lover macrumors newbie

Map screen is black

This also happened to me and it is pretty annoying. I have an iPad 3 and this is the issue.