iOS 6 torrent links? (read please...)

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Okay so my laptop's wireless card is a real PITA. Any time i download a large file at full throttle it cuts up connection randomly. The only way i can download anything is by speed control through a torrent (download managers for HTTP/FTP downloads tend to lose the state of download and all i get is a half done useless file)...

This brings me to beg you people a question. I want iOS 6 link for iPhone 5 (GSM) (just want to restore it, let's leave it at that) but cannot find a torrent link for it. The direct links from redmond kill my wireless card mid download (and render the file useless, cannot even continue) and so does iTunes while trying to download it. What i don't like is how iTunes cannot save the part of the file and continue on. Ugh.

Anyone know of a solution other than having to use a cable? Thanks.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Okay so my laptop's wireless card is a real PITA. Any time i download a large file at full throttle it cuts up connection randomly. The only way i can download anything is by speed control through a torrent (download managers for HTTP/FTP downloads tend to lose the state of download and all i get is a half done useless file)...

This brings me to beg you people a question. I want iOS 6 link for iPhone 5 (GSM) (just want to restore it, let's leave it at that) but cannot find a torrent link for it. The direct links from redmond kill my wireless card mid download (and render the file useless, cannot even continue) and so does iTunes while trying to download it. What i don't like is how iTunes cannot save the part of the file and continue on. Ugh.

Anyone know of a solution other than having to use a cable? Thanks.
just PM you a link to it. not sure if the mods woulda liked the site i sent :p

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
The card will most probably cut the connection in the middle of download though.

Another of the 133532345 reasons never to buy HP again :p
You can do the update without a computer. That's kind of the point

EDIT: Unless you can't do 5 -> 6. I've never tried

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
This might be obvious, but why not just restore through the phone? It'll restore to iOS 6. No computer needed.

n00byn4t3r

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
I PM'd you a torrent, not sure if I'm allowed to post it here but I created it with a file I just got it off some other site. If other people have interest in it please PM me or maybe I can post it here. If this breaks any rules, please let me know and I'll correct myself in the best way possible.

Last edited:

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
Have you tried going to settings then general then reset.. Select erase all content and settings.
This essentially restores the phone.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
No Ethernet cable for your modem? Or do you not have access to it?

The wifi cards they put in those HPs are crap. My fiance's Pavillion always craps out even after replacing it while my $200 Acer net book is 3 years strong.

----------

Have you tried going to settings then general then reset.. Select erase all content and settings.
Essentially but not completely. It doesn't fix glitches that may be from the original firmware install. Only a full restore will do that.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Then why do you need a torrent :S
To do a full restore. Direct links are a no go because my wifi connection always breaks in between and while download managers complete the download, it is always corrupt.

This might be obvious, but why not just restore through the phone? It'll restore to iOS 6. No computer needed.
There is no restore option through the phone. At least i don't see one. This is an iPhone 5 so there is no "software upgrade" yet.

I PM'd you a torrent, not sure if I'm allowed to post it here but I created it with a file I just got it off some other site. If other people have interest in it please PM me or maybe I can post it here. If this breaks any rules, please let me know and I'll correct myself in the best way possible.
Thanks.

It shows a peer but no seeder yet. May be your connection is no longer active. Anyhow, if that works, ill keep it there too to seed it myself once it completes in case anyone else wants it too.

It is not like a full software wipe and re install.

No Ethernet cable for your modem? Or do you not have access to it?

The wifi cards they put in those HPs are crap. My fiance's Pavillion always craps out even after replacing it while my $200 Acer net book is 3 years strong.

----------

Essentially but not completely. It doesn't fix glitches that may be from the original firmware install. Only a full restore will do that.
Yeah can't find the one i had. HP consumer line computers are total crap i agree. Battery already dead not even in a year, display flickers, and wifi disconnects. I thought Dell was bad....HP has defined a new low for me.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Can you restore from iCloud after DFU mode? If so, this may be your best bet. Other than that you could try asking Apple to reinstall for you if you’re having problems with the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.