iOS 6 upgrade - Photo Albums and Events Gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by joesegh, Sep 24, 2012.

1. joesegh macrumors regular

Hey all,

I upgraded my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to iOS 6 last week OTA. The reason I didn't sync through my computer is that it died six months ago and I've been waiting for the new iMacs to come out.

When I did the upgrade, everything seems to work fine, except it deleted all of my Photo Albums and Events (the actual categorizations, not the photos themselves). All I see now is Camera Roll and Photo Library (which has a completely uncategorized view of all of my photos). I have about 7,000 photos, so this is obviously very frustrating and virtually unusable.

Is there a way to resolve this without re-syncing all my photos via iTunes? I won't be able to do that until I get a new iMac and re-load my Aperture library from my Time Machine backup. Granted, that may well be just a month away, but I've learned that I shouldn't be holding my breath for an iMac update.

Thanks in advance!

2. joesegh thread starter macrumors regular

3. zoomy942 macrumors newbie

4. joesegh thread starter macrumors regular

All of the actual photos are still on the device, but they used to be subdivided in to "Events" and "Albums" categorizations (I think that correlates to Folders and Projects in the Aperture world). Under iOS 6, those are all are now gone. I am only able to see all of my photos at once, in chronological order.

It's a big pain to find a recent photo if I have to sort through five years and 7K photos.

5. MasonMcD macrumors newbie

I have this same problem. Have a dodgy hard drive, and just got an iPad to do my browsing and email.

Seriously? I have to have my MacBook Pro fixed to sync events and albums?

Sheesh.