IOS 6 w/MS Exchange, only need a tone for a calender reminder alert?

iPhone Russ

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Tx
I traded my Blackberry for an iPhone 5. I use my new iPhone 5 with MS Exchange. On my iPhone 5, when a colleague emails me a calendar invitation, my iPhone 5 makes the same tone as when there is calender reminder alert. I do not want any tone just because i receive a calendar invitation in my inbox, I do want the tone for the calender reminder alert. Also for some more background.. I have selected the option so I do not reveive any notification alert if I receive an email. What setting combination gets me to calendar invitation in my inbox = no notification on my iPhone and a tone ONLY for the calender reminder alert?

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
To see if I understand what you've already done, you have gone to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Calendars > New Invitation Alerts > OFF ?

Comment

iPhone Russ

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Tx
To see if I understand what you've already done, you have gone to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Calendars > New Invitation Alerts > OFF ?

Nope it's on... I bet that's the setting that needs to be off... let me check..

Comment

iPhone Russ

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Tx
Fixed thanks...I was worried it was some Apple/Outlook quirk and I was going to be screwed. Do you happen to know how to make it disappear on the phone when snoozed on the desktop and then reappear on the iphone at the new alert time?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.