IOS 7.1 Iphone 5 Homescreen bug

lokasdekartas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Has any of you have this happen to you? And if so do you know how to solve it? It appears to be completely random, you can see the difference at the top in the two pictures

Attachments

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
The icons are imperceptibly larger in iOS 7.1. If you didn't do a clean install, perhaps your phone is flicking between the iOS 7.0.3 and 7.1. That's what appears on the two screens. I did beta testing on both.

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
I haven't had this happen to me before, but it looks like a bug where the home screen icons are adjusting for an invisible double-height status bar. Did you just finish some activity that would trigger a double-height status bar (e.g., phone call, voice recording, tethering)?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Icons shift down like this for double height status bar (eg hotspot, call, recording or navigation). Of course, there is no double height status bar in your pic. So this is def a glitch, not one I've seen, but the above maybe gives a clue as to what circumstances bring it about ...?
Edit:
Wow, honest cross post with above user :)

lokasdekartas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
I haven't had this happen to me before, but it looks like a bug where the home screen icons are adjusting for an invisible double-height status bar. Did you just finish some activity that would trigger a double-height status bar (e.g., phone call, voice recording, tethering)?
Icons shift down like this for double height status bar (eg hotspot, call, recording or navigation). Of course, there is no double height status bar in your pic. So this is def a glitch, not one I've seen, but the above maybe gives a clue as to what circumstances bring it about ...?
Edit:
Thx for the comments, i considered that, however it always happens when i don't do stuff like that, im not on a call, not sharing internet, not recording, not shazaming nothing!

----------

Could it just be the parallax effect?
Nope, parallax is turned off

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
Thx for the comments, i considered that, however it always happens when i don't do stuff like that, im not on a call, not sharing internet, not recording, not shazaming nothing!

----------

Nope, parallax is turned off
Is Reduce Motion on?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Edit:
Yup. I've seen some people post about this before and actually experienced this for the first time a few days ago (I think a restart got things back to normal). Seems like another iOS 7 glitch that is yet to be worked out.

----------

Is Reduce Motion on?
In my case reduce motion is (and has been) on.