iOS 7.1 Safari is extremely slow and becoming non-responsive on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MacMan988, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

Hi, Safari is becoming very slow and non responsive for a long period of time when I start typing on the URL/search bar. Once I tap on a letter on the keyboard, it takes a long time to appear it in the search bar! Anyone?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Maybe it's just slow. My phone will take forever to put letters on the screen sometimes it's just old but iOS 7.1 is making HUGE HUGE HUGE differences for me.

3. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Browsing has become impossible with this much of non responsiveness. Each time I couldn't finish typing and Safari crashes after I type about 10 characters. Btw, it takes about 5 seconds for a character to appear after I tap on a key on the keyboard :)

4. Altis macrumors 68020

Sounds like you need a fresh restore, to me. It shouldn't be acting that way.

5. Dirtysand macrumors member

Hmm, for me safari is super responsive. The safari in iOS 7 used to crash on certain sites, but I just revisited those sites and safari no longer crashes.

6. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I updated my ipad 2 to ios 7 just yesterday and it feels like I have a new ipad. It's fast as hell and I think it's all because I updated as a new device instead of re installing a old back up. I think ppl should just install as new device so they don't have so many problems.

7. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

If you have Safari syncing bookmarks with iCloud, try turning it off.

8. MikhailT macrumors 601

You'll need to do a clean install. I used to see the same thing not just in iOS 7, but in previous iOS versions. As soon as I did a clean install, all of crazy keyboard issues and slowness were gone.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I recall someone mentioning in the past that disabling some iCloud settings (like Documents and/or Passbook) could somehow have an effect on keyboard lag in some older phones. Perhaps it's worth a try.

10. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, the problem seems have to solved with the time it seems. Perhaps something related with Apple servers being busy at the time ?

11. Onomatopoeia60 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with every key press, regardless of which app I was using, taking up to 15 seconds to respond. Before reinstalling iOS I went to Settings>General>Reset Keyboard Dictionary and the problem went away just like that.