IOS 7 backup to IOS 6.1.4 help please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mister belly, Aug 28, 2013.

1. mister belly macrumors newbie

IOS 7 beta 4 was causing me a lot of problems because:
    1) it was stuck on beta 4 and would not update through itunes or settings at all.
    2) out of the blue it tells me to activate my iPhone? and when I tried to it just would not go to next screen after trying to log into my apple account.

I went and resetted the entire phone and it went back down to IOS 6.1.4 and I didn't realize I could not backup my data from IOS 7 to OS 6.1.4 because its incompatible. I don't really care that it went back down to IOS 6 but I really need those things on my phone. I already looked up it up and read that it is impossible to back it up but is there anyway to access my things in the backup? It's all stored on iCloud. I never thought of backing it up on my computer. I know I know, leave IOS 7 for the developers, my fault. It would help so much if anyone can help me out here.

2. darricksailo, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Update back to iOS 7 beta 4 (or a version higher than beta 4; you can go up with backups, just not down), restore from iCloud backup, backup to iTunes. Downgrade to iOS 6.1.4 and use a program like ibackupbot to extract the stuff in the backup

Not sure how effective that would be as you still wouldn't be able to restore from backup if your firmware version is lower than the backup

3. mister belly thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm currently trying to contact the site that registered my UDID but it will probably take awhile until they get back to me. I don't remember how to update back to IOS 7 because their site is no longer registering the UDIDs but is still up if you need help.If I update my IOS 7 to a higher up beta, will it still be able to backup? Or just IOS 7 beta 4 because I don't think it's possible.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You can update to a higher version of beta and still be able to restore from backup

Once you have the backup restored to the device, you can backup to iTunes and access the backup files

I don't know how the process works but I think you just need your UDID registered once? All betas have a expiration date

5. mister belly thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! I have it registered. I think I still have the file thing I had to download but that was all the way when it just came out and I need a different file for it. I'll try my chances on google to find the updated beta file. If not,I'm SOL!