iOS 7 Control Center & Otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taptic, Jul 23, 2013.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hey,

I have an iPhone 4s loaded with iOS 7. I am thinking about getting an Otterbox case for it, but was wondering if anyone that has an otterbox and iOS 7 has had trouble getting to the control center (swiping up from the bottom) because of the case?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

i think you should get the commuter series instead if you are worried about that happening.

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I warned my friend about this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. AlabamaSlammer macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Have my iPhone 5 in a Otterbox Defender and yes, it takes about 4 tries to get control center to open. Go with the Commuter Series

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I took off my Otterbox just because moving app icons around in iOS 6 is a pain!

6. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I will admit, I think this will cause Otterbox to redesign that lower portion of the case. Also, I have noticed that using it is still not 100% perfect. For some reason, when I swipe down for the notification center, it works just fine, but the control center sometimes takes 2 swipes up.

7. mopak macrumors newbie

I reached out to Otterbox about the issue of not being able to access control center on iOS7 on their Otterbox Defenders and this is the response I got. Surprising, since I'm pretty sure they know about the issue.

I am very sorry that you are having trouble accessing your iOS7 software. I recommend that you contact Apple and make them aware of the issue. I am very sorry for this inconvenience. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Kendra

8. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I no longer have my iPhone 4S, but on my iPhone 5 with the Otterbox Defender, I have very little trouble accessing the Control Center. However with that said, the Defender on the iPhone 4S is thicker (and to be honest, much more poor in build quality), so there may be some issues there.

9. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

That's weird.... "Yeah, your phone is working fine, it's our case that is causing the problem, but you should definitely tell the person that made your phone that you are having issues."

But anyway, the new case looks like it'll work better. :)