iOS 7 GM iTunes Radio & Siri in the UK

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Futhark, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I've just installed iOS 7 GM on to my iPhone 5 & iPad 3rd Gen, The iPad shows up iTunes Radio but my iPhone doesn't? both were fresh installs so don't know whats happened here?

Also Siri still has the robotic sounding voice in the UK, I thought we were getting a more human like voice just like the voice in the US?

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

AFAIK, iTunes Radio is a US-only feature for now.

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

but it has shown up on my iPad? that's why i don't understand it :confused:

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Do you use different accounts on them, does your iPad use a US apple account?

And re: Siri, no I think they only mentioned US English, German, and maybe one or two others (Japanese?) for new voices at launch. I'm sure British English will come soon. BTW you can change language to US to test it out.

5. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

The 2 devices use the exact same Apple ID so that's why I'm confused?

Ah my misunderstanding, I'll go test out the US English version to see if it's the improved voice.

6. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

Uk iphone here also with no itunes radio. Haven't installed to my ipad yet but it would be strange if uk iPads get it but not uk iPhones? :/

7. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

This is a strange one? I'm surprised no one else has commented on this from the UK if it's the default setting here on the iPhone. I've found a work around on how to get it but will use it as a last resort.

Tested my US English Siri voice and it's robotic too??

8. springsup macrumors 6502a

springsup

Shows up on my iPad, too - but it really isn't available in the UK.

You can't play anything. Doesn't work.

9. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Currently the more natural Siri voices are only available for:

English (United States and Canada)
    French (All)
    German (All)

10. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

Just installed iOS 7 on my UK iPad 3 and have no iTunes Radio. Looks like it's just not available in the Uk I yet - which doesn't explained why it's showing up on one of your devices?

----------

Oh, and on Siri sounding robotic or worse then before. When you first restore it only has a basic low quality voice while the higher quality voice downloads in the background. Give it an hour or two then try again. It's worked this way for some time i think. Since iOS 6.

On my iPhone 5 when I first tried it, it was low quality. Worse than before. Gave it a few hours and the UK voice now sounds as good as before but with the added iOS 7 functionality.

11. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

The strangest thing just happened regarding iTunes Radio, I was telling my friend about my scenario and showed him that iTunes Radio wasn't on my iPhone and then reached him my iPad, he opened the Music app and there was iTunes Radio........ FOR about 3 seconds and BOOM !!!! It disappeared. looks like it was showing up on my device in the UK by mistake :(

As for the HQ Siri Voices i don't get them even when i change to US English, I've tried both the Male & Female voices.

I've setup a temp US Apple ID which is giving me access to iTunes Radio so i'll log into this next and see if it gets me the HQ Siri Voices. Maybe the UK is on a different Server to the US and it knows by your login details? It's worth a try.

12. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Yep - still no female voice in the UK either, despite it being promised when Siri first launched in Beta.

13. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Are you getting these more natural voices when you change the Siri Voice? I'm not :confused: