iOS 7 Has Already Started to Take a Big Toll on Apple's Reputation & Corporate Image

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by whocaresit, Jul 2, 2013.

1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 is not even out for the public yet.. and it has already begun to show its effects.

Apple is no longer the world's most respected company according to Barrons. It used to be, for three years straight. Now, it is has fallen to #3. :eek:
    I cannot imagine the public outcry when iOS 7 comes out in the fall and how it will tarnish the Apple Brand.

Source

2. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

4. macaronie macrumors member

macaronie

I think it's still too early to be jumping to any conclusion. Imo.

5. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

Because so many people care about a Barrons ranking..:rolleyes:

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

What! are you kidding me? I use barons for all my investment needs. They also make a good frozen pizza.:D

7. macaronie macrumors member

macaronie

lol. When fall comes and Apple releases ios 7 officially and whatever hardware, the sales (or lack thereof) will be a better barometer of Apple's health.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iOS 7 is not even out for the public yet.. and it has already begun to show its effects." - if by effects you mean there is more interest in iOS7 than there was in iOS 6 than yes (http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/02/ios-7-shows-interest-in-apple-pre-release-software-on-the-rise-per-onswipe/)

"I cannot imagine the public outcry when iOS 7 comes out in the fall and how it will tarnish the Apple Brand" - What public outcry? consumers already know about iOS 7 and its features. It's not a secret.

"Apple is no longer the world's most respected company according to Barrons" - And this matters why? Did Barrons sell off its millions of shares of Apple? Oh wait, they don't even invest in Apple what difference does their opinion make?

9. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Oh no! By this time next year, Apple will be a distant memory.

Nobody is going to buy the next iPhone or iPad if it has iOS 7 on it. Everybody hates iOS 7 because I asked a couple people I know and they didn't like it. How could Tim Cook allow such a thing to happen to Apple? If Steve Jobs were around, iOS 7 would never have looked like this. Apple is doomed.

Feel free to fill in the gaps if I missed any tired, worn out, overly repeated phrases that people say every time Apple does anything!

10. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

Most people will always fight against the changes.

11. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Because some link bait on Barrons said so. Right.

12. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

Every year it's the same story from analysts and the internet forums when it comes to anything Apple. Every year when the product launches Apple proves them wrong, thru customer satisfaction and millions upon millions of units sold.

13. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Don't tell me - you're a "pundit"...

next...

14. Northernist macrumors member

Except the general public has shown more positivity than negativity towards iOS 7... The only reason we see so many complaints is because people who are happy with it tend to not say anything while the ones who are unhappy will be vocal about it. It's the "silent majority"..

15. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

The survey you mentioned was conducted between "late May and early June" and was probably completed before iOS 7 was even announced. The article you linked doesn't even mention iOS 7 and the survey only included input from 87 respondents. In other words, when you claimed Apple's fall to #3 was due to iOS 7 you were totally pulling "facts" out of your a**. This is not to say that iOS 7 is well designed, I'm just point out that you're claiming as fact something you totally made up.

----------

Yes, but the article doesn't even mention iOS 7 and the survey was probably completed before it was announced.

16. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

OP was the same guy who called the iPhone 4 a disaster when it came out and implied the iPad was a flop when that was released. No agenda here!

17. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Reminds me of the guys who said the Mini wouldn't even sell off it's first shipment.

18. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Just curious what your proof is that iOS 7 caused Apple to drop and not, oh, 9 months of negative press where Apple basically stayed silent? Unless your're just trolling to which then this thread probably deserves the wastebin.

19. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

20. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

21. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Right, because Apple never stumbles. :rolleyes:

But then again, many who are praising iOS 7 (even though it is still in beta) were also the ones who were praising Apple's Maps app when it was released... and dismissed any and all criticism of the app as "nothing more than blind haters".

22. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

What a troll... TROLL OF THE YEAR

23. dcp10 macrumors 6502

24. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Nice way to use some facts. 87 respondents is not even good enough to be a joke

25. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

I don't know how many people actually praised the Apple Maps data upon launch, but certainly it wasn't unreasonable to claim that it was good enough for many people. That's not a good situation for a mapping service to be in, but Apple Maps worked for a decent amount of people, and the UI of the app has never been in question. It's better now (not as good as Google Maps, of course) but that's besides the point. Apple Maps had an unsuccessful launch, and that is not up for debate.

Which of course, is evidence of Apple stumbling. And somehow, Apple is managing to thrive after a such a high profile failure. My point is that so many people on these forums predict failure in everything Apple does, and they focus on the few occasions that Apple has stumbled rather than the far more numerous amount of cases in which they have succeeded. Every product launch is yet another opportunity for some people to predict doom upon the whole corporation, and every product launch yields at the very least an Apple that is no worse off, but most of the time an Apple that is stronger than it was before.

So no, there is nothing wrong with criticizing Apple. But the extent to which some people habitually berate Apple in every thread for every possible reason and insult those who disagree with them is obsessive to an unhealthy degree. If someone really has that much of a problem with Apple, why use their products, why spend any money on their products, and why frequent forums dedicated to them? There are some people within these forums for whom Apple will never serve their needs. I wish they would realize that.