Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lookatchu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Overall, I don't have many complaints with iOS 7.1, but I was hoping that they would improve the phone app keypad with this latest update, particularly the size of the letters.

I have decent eyesight and I still have trouble reading the tiny letters. Every now and then we all need to dial letters instead of numbers - either when given the phone number as letters or when calling a business and responding to voice prompts.

How could Ive and Apple decision makers deem this acceptable? It must be a huge struggle for those with less than perfect vision.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can try the bold option in accessibility settings.

lookatchu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
You can try the bold option in accessibility settings.

That's a good suggestion/fix for the phone keypad, however some (including myself), might not want system-wide bolding. Not sure why Apple chose to use such small fonts for the dialpad letters. Seems more like design decision over functionality - I suppose they based their decision on Ive liking the way it looks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's a good suggestion/fix for the phone keypad, however some (including myself), might not want system-wide bolding. Not sure why Apple chose to use such small fonts for the dialpad letters. Seems more like design decision over functionality - I suppose they based their decision on Ive liking the way it looks.
There are lots of oddities when it comes to looks (over function) in iOS 7 unfortunately, but aside from perhaps changing some things with various options (like the accessibility settings) there's not much that can be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.