iOS 7 music sync broken, so how can I put music on my phone now?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tv3636, Jun 15, 2013.

1. tv3636 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a working method to add new music to an iOS7 phone? (syncing music gets stuck at waiting for files to copy)

I've tried 4 or 5 different apps claiming to offer this ability but none have worked I'm guessing due to lack of iOS7 support.

I would really prefer not reverting the OS just to add music to my phone and also I would really love to add music to my phone, so if anyone knows a surefire way to do this that would be great. Very frustrating being unable to move some damn files from a computer to a phone. I know it's a beta but that's one of the most basic features, kind of inexcusable to not have music transfer abilities.

2. sexiewasd macrumors regular

In a beta, yes that Is actually the purpose of having a beta. Have you submitted a bug report?

3. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Wifi sync is not working unless you install the iOS 7 SKD, but I can still sync music to my iPhone 4S in the normal way. I have seen a few other comments about people saying it is not working. Must be a bug in the beta.

The beta is for developers to test their apps, not to listen to music.

4. tv3636 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure, just a little frustrating that such a basic function of the phone would be broken. I upgraded to the beta knowing full well there would be bugs, but being unable to sync is a fairly major one in my opinion - one that I wouldn't expect even in a beta.

Anyway, I was able to use Spotify to accomplish the task.

5. 1member1 macrumors 6502

I hope all those with problems in iOS 7 sumbitting bugs to apple and then open a thread here.

6. matty.p macrumors 6502

You should expect just about anything with the betas, in the past some major functions have not worked or there have been betas that will crash and respring multiple times a day. Beta = Beta.

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Exactly. Although syncing music works fine for me, my 4S has crashed twice today just by going into the phone to make a call. It also crashed the other day as I was about to board a bus, and my travel pass is on my phone. That's what I get for using it on my main device.

Has anyone else noticed that music playback will stutter if you are using the phone? It just did it whilst I was typing this and happens when using other apps too. Obviously a bug in the beta.

8. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

It's a beta, people. It's meant to be used for development only at this point, not on your daily device. If you have a phone and you need it for everyday use, then you need to not load the beta 1 of iOS on it. Or at the very least, stop complaining about every little bug. Apple bug reports are there for a reason.

9. matty.p macrumors 6502

H,m haven't noticed that but music app appears buggy. Although the radio seems good surprisingly

10. radioactivet macrumors newbie

Solution to music sync problems on iOS 7.

I was facing the same problem on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7. Fortunately, iTools worked for me. You can download this handy utility from http://itools.hk/en_index.htm

Enjoy! :)

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I couldn't use the phone app in one of the beta versions of ios5. That's why I always install beta versions on my previously used devices

12. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Oh good God. They are aware it's a beta. This is a discussion forum for iOS 7 - what the heck to do you expect to find in here? They aren't moaning, they are simply saying "Hey I've found this bug, is it just me?"

No-one is saying "OMG APPLE SUCK THEY SHOULD DIE AND I'M NOT GOING TO REPORT THIS SO FIX IT NOW".

So chill.

13. jonatankarter macrumors newbie

I'm not on the beta, and I'm having this issue and it's really killing me! Anyone have a suggestion?

14. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You need the latest iTunes, 11.1. Download it from Apple's website.

15. thebluefeline, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

thebluefeline macrumors newbie

So after an hour of trying to figure out what was causing this issue I think I found the solution. I'm not too sure what the issue was, but I think the only reason why songs don't sync was because you need to authorize the computer again under Store>Authorize, then sync.

But if that didn't work for you, then try this:

1) Make sure that under the Summery tab, you have "Automatically sync when this phone is connected" and "Sync only checked songs and videos" checked.

2) Go under your Music tab and check "Selected playlist, artist, albums, and genres"

3) Now go down your Artist list and check them all. DONT sync yet.

4) Make sure you have at least 5gb free on your phone. Free up a little space by getting rid of apps you dont need using Itunes under the App tab.

5) When you're done, press Sync.

6) Give it a little time to apply the changes. You should get an error that says something like 'cant sync because this computer is not authorized'. Press 'ok'.

7) In your tool menu, go to Store>Authorize this computer

8) After you're done, Sync. You should be able to see your songs in your music player now.

Hope this works for you guys!