iOS 8.1 b2 iPhone 6+ no more lag!

syphern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Guys just want to say 8.1 beta 2 update makes iOS fly on the plus. I haven't noticed the stuttering anymore. It feels super smooth!!

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
No more side loading emulators or PopcornTime on 8.1 (date hack is patched), but the better performance on 6 Plus sounds promising.

That being said -- I haven't noticed lag on my 6 Plus. Maybe I'm not working it hard enough. :cool:

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
iOS 8.1 b2 iPhone 6+ no more lag!

I think the lag is based on the programming of the apps, not necessarily iOS. I still have major lag with Kik and some other apps such as Tap Sports Baseball which suffers from what looks like micro stutter.

I haven't paid attention since updating to beta 2, but I hope the accelerometer issues are fixed in regard to screen rotation.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I have a 6, but this is still great news. Did you have any of the slow wifi issues? Notice any difference?

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2014
lag is still there, the test of bringing spotlight while in portrait, then rotating to landscape still shows a significant lag

chunology

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Oh! Sure! Typical Apple fanboi. Here's proof of Smoothgate right in front of your eyes and all you do is deny deny deny. Typical!
LMAO!!!! I'm super sensitive to this kinda stuff, too. Like when people swore the LG G3 didn't lag when it clearly did. I really don't see what people are complaining about on the Six Plus. I even did a side by side with a coworker who has a Six and transitions/apps were equally fast on both devices.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
LMAO!!!! I'm super sensitive to this kinda stuff, too. Like when people swore the LG G3 didn't lag when it clearly did. I really don't see what people are complaining about on the Six Plus. I even did a side by side with a coworker who has a Six and transitions/apps were equally fast on both devices.
Agree. I've seen my Plus stutter from time to time but it's clearly just a case of the OS and Safari needing some further optimizations. People would lead much more productive lives if they'd just relax a little :)

Zinthar

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
I found the stuttering on 6 Plus on 8.0/8.0.2 noticeable when scrolling down a long website, during some landscape transitions, and when choosing a new wallpaper. Not a huge deal, but it'd be great if it's just software and not a serious performance issue with downscaling in general.

The on-screen GPU performance of the 6 Plus will never be able to match up to the 6, but hopefully it's sufficient until at least iOS 10.

Zinthar

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Turn on Reduce Transparency.
That's not really a fix because it's simply sacrificing the aesthetics of iOS to reduce GPU strain. The transparency of iOS 7 and up gives a sense of layers that works well with the transition animations to make using the OS more enjoyable, IMO. It's the first thing that I notice is missing when I use an Android device.