IOS 8.1 Phone and Messages Handoff and T-mobile Wifi Call

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I upgraded to 8.1 today and realized that T-mobile wifi call feature is turned off, I can turn it back on, but it says that I will no longer be able to receive calls on my iMac.

How to make both of them work together?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I upgraded to 8.1 today and realized that T-mobile wifi call feature is turned off, I can turn it back on, but it says that I will no longer be able to receive calls on my iMac.

Your iMac uses both Bluetooth and Wifi in order to be able to answer calls that come in on your iphone. I would imagine you cannot receive a Wifi call and answer it using Wifi?

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013

They canʻt. The T-Mobile Wifi call feature must be "OFF" in order for you to receive calls on your Mac via your iPhone.

If you go into Settings > FaceTime. The feature listed there: iPhone Cellular Calls is what will toggle "OFF" if you turn on the Wifi call feature. Then as the prompt says, you will no longer be able to receive calls on your Mac.