Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U2Boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Hi All,

Looking for the best calendar app available for both iphone and ipad. I have been through many lists and downloaded many that have failed me. The biggest problem is I want the best and cleanest layout to make the iphone useful to see both month and week view. My top choices which I have thought about are Pocket Informant Pro and Calendars 5. Pocket Informant Pro looks a little clunky and overpacked with features. It also seems less simple and not very "maclike". Calendars 5 looks great and the week view (which is my main concern) looks very well laid out on the iphone. I am 90% sold on Calendars 5. Everyone talks about Sunrise. I tried it and feel the "week" view is not great and either is the month view. I know it pulls in a lot of other things like evernote and many other apps, but ultimately I am basing my calendar needs on layout and simplicity. Fantastical 2 doesn't seem much better than Sunrise so I think that is out too. Some recommend "Week Calendar" but I looked at the screen shots and it does not look as clean and nice of a layout as Calendars 5. Can someone recommend or offer advice on Calendars 5 and its competition? Please keep in mind that although things like Sunrise are better in many ways, it does not have the layouts I am looking for. And it's "3 Day" Week view does not work for me. Thanks for your time!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I use calendars 5 and fantastical 2 interchangeably. I was using Calendars 5 exclusively because it was on sale at the time and has a universal app for iPhones and iPads. However I bought Fantastical the other day because it was on sale too. Fantastical 2 is not universal though and you will need to buy both. Both are the best calendar apps I've ever used. I think fantastical 2 is on sale this week too.

DKO110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2012
I use calendars 5 and fantastical 2 interchangeably. I was using Calendars 5 exclusively because it was on sale at the time and has a universal app for iPhones and iPads. However I bought Fantastical the other day because it was on sale too. Fantastical 2 is not universal though and you will need to buy both. Both are the best calendar apps I've ever used. I think fantastical 2 is on sale this week too.

If you had to choose one between the two, which one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.