iOS keynote hints at larger iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DArsenault, Jun 13, 2012.

1. DArsenault macrumors regular

So maybe I'm reaching here but did anyone else notice that during the iOS section of the WWDC keynote (about 1:30:00 in), when discussing new features they said "were adding full screen landscape support to take full advantage of the LARGE retina display on the iPhone".
    Now I've heard the iPhone screen described many different ways, but I have never heard anyone even an apple employee refer to the display as large. Also the way he mentioned large retina display made it sound as if this was a new feature. The full screen landscape browsing even seems like it would have been developed for a larger display. Anyway I may be reaching here, but it seemed like an unintentional slip to me. Thoughts?

2. pat park macrumors 6502a

I saw that too. I think we are both reaching here. I'm sure it was nothing more than someone over embellishing. I don't see Apple being that careless in their speak.

3. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

While I didn't think that was a hint, I was more intrigued by the image they showed while discussing the "Eyes Free."

[​IMG]

I think the screen looks elongated, but maybe it is just the angle of the shot.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Definitely the angle, look at other liveblogs and you'll see it's just a 4S.