iOS released 10th or day or so before iPhone 5S goes on sale?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by justjax, Sep 3, 2013.

1. justjax macrumors regular

Some people have suggested iOS 7 will be released next Tuesday. Have apple typically released the iOS on the day of the media event? I thought it was usually the day before the official release so, in this case more likely the 19th?

2. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Two days before iPhone 5S release. Still Nuance talked about GA which indicates it may already come September 10th. There are chances the Golden Master will come September 5th for partners and developers but probably it'll be September 18th.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The GM will be released on September 10th, the day of the keynote. The public release comes a few days before the launch of the new iPhone, so around a week later. This gives developers time to catch any showstopping bugs in the GM, as well as update their apps to be compatible with the release version of iOS.

4. Pirate515 macrumors member

Judging by how Apple has done things before, the developer will probably be able to download it as soon as keynote is over. The general public will probably get it 2-3 days before the next iPhone(s) is/are released, OTA upgrade will probably also be available. However, if a GM IPSW's were to show up on torrents or elsewhere, any regular Joe Schmoe should be able to install them. Unlike betas, GM's are not timebombed and do not check for UDID's.

5. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

how many threads do we have to have about this :confused: GM is coming on the 10th of september, no earlier or later. end of story :rolleyes:

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I didn't realize you had 100% knowledge of Apple and what they plan to do exactly. :rolleyes:

However, usually the GM comes out the day of the next iPhone keynote and it's pushed to the public the day that the new iPhones are available in stores.

Considering the GM is identical to the final version, it doesn't really matter anyways.

Sidenote: I hope Apple releases the GM for Mac OS X Mavericks at the same time they release the iOS 7 GM. I don't want to have to wait till the iPad/Mac event for them to launch it! D:

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seriously. Do extra threads on the same topic rehashing the same things for the nth time somehow make anything more useful/interesting for anyone? :rolleyes:

8. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

we already had a main thread about when iOS 7 gm is possibly being released.. learn to use the search button :rolleyes:

9. justjax thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry didn't see any threads on the first page which specifically asked the question so I posted a new thread. Anyway, sounds like I mixed up the GM release with the release to public date. Wish it would hurry up either way, want iOS 7 already!

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

GM will likely be out event day and then the public release will probably launch the following week.