iOS vs ICS plus best hardware

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
That's what it's coming down to for me. Battle of the OSs AND best Specs. So ever since I've got my iphone and started realizing I may very well move on, i've been looking at reviews comparing the iPhone to other phones. But I've been only looking at Apple dedicated sites. I've decided I will definitely buy another phone come summer. ICS seems to be the real deal. After doing more reading, it seems the Galaxy Nexus is under spec'd compared to other Android phones. So if ICS works so amazing smooth and lightning quick on it, then I can't imagine how fast it will run on a phone like the high end Galaxy phones or the high end models from HTC. I'm not gonna chase specs, but I will definitely buy a Samsung or HTC running ICS come summer. I want the best hardware/software my money can buy at that point in time. These two seem to be the big boys for Android. In the meantime it's comparisons like this that encourage me more about ICS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEC_Y5v3Zw

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
So... what is your question we could answer?

Just not sure what your asking for (if anything).

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
So... what is your question we could answer?
Oh I'm sorry, is this a questions only forum? If it is, then my apologies.
I just thought people would be interested in seeing actual comparisons from non android community sites.

Your not a recently scorned barista by any chance are you? lol...I kid.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Oh I'm sorry, is this a questions only forum? If it is, then my apologies.
I just thought people would be interested in seeing actual comparisons from non android community sites.

Your not a recently scorned barista by any chance are you? lol...I kid.
;)

Wasn't trying to say you shouldn't post the thread here, just read it a couple of times and it seemed like you were trying to ask for opinions on which route to go but I didn't see a question so I was trying to help =P

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
That's what it's coming down to for me. Battle of the OSs AND best Specs. So ever since I've got my iphone and started realizing I may very well move on, i've been looking at reviews comparing the iPhone to other phones. But I've been only looking at Apple dedicated sites. I've decided I will definitely buy another phone come summer. ICS seems to be the real deal. After doing more reading, it seems the Galaxy Nexus is under spec'd compared to other Android phones. So if ICS works so amazing smooth and lightning quick on it, then I can't imagine how fast it will run on a phone like the high end Galaxy phones or the high end models from HTC. I'm not gonna chase specs, but I will definitely buy a Samsung or HTC running ICS come summer. I want the best hardware/software my money can buy at that point in time. These two seem to be the big boys for Android. In the meantime it's comparisons like this that encourage me more about ICS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEC_Y5v3Zw
Thanks?? :confused:

bubulindo

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Neither here, nor there...
After doing more reading, it seems the Galaxy Nexus is under spec'd compared to other Android phones. So if ICS works so amazing smooth and lightning quick on it,
It will...

then I can't imagine how fast it will run on a phone like the high end Galaxy phones or the high end models from HTC.
They won't be faster than the Nexus. Remember both Samsung and HTC put their bloatware on top of Android. And that's if you buy it without contract. Otherwise you'll have carrier crapware inside as well.

I want the best hardware/software my money can buy at that point in time.
But the question is, is it the best match between hardware/software that money can buy?

Picka

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
There are advantages and disadvantages going with Samsung/HTC.

The big plusses for the Nexus line is:
  • Always first to get updates directly from Google when they are released
  • Closer Hardware/software integration

and the negatives:

• Hardware is underspecced in comparison to Samsung/HTC
  • No micro-SD slot (important for me)

The big plusses for the Smasumg/HTC line is:
  • Great hardware
  • Some OS layers are pretty good, ie Sense from HTC
  • They all have micro-SD slots

and the negatives:

• Sometimes can take long to get latest updates
  • User experience can vary from device to device

Either way, it's great to have a choice and choose what suits you.

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll be nice today because it's a special holiday for most of us. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.