Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
compared to 10.3.3 which ive been keeping my devices at until last week.

It just seems to carry more weight and not as responsive as before.
Guess i will be keeping other devices at 10.3.3 now.

Thanks Apple. But no thanks.

Reactions: trifid

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
That’s because so much gunk has been crammed into it since last 2 years. Most of the features don’t work as expected and they have introduced 1/2 second lag at many UI interactions notably at the home button. So iOS 11 is bound to feel slower.

Your best solution is to buy iPhone X and forget about this heaviness you talk about. Main weight comes out of your wallet. So you will feel light instantly.

BTW iPhone X zooms past anything you throw at it.

Reactions: 617660

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017

Hey :) I too have a 6S+ and whilst I cannot remember what iOS 10 was like, for me I have found iOS 11 good. There are a raft of changes that do, as you say, carry more weight and do affect the phone, however it is perfectly usable and I have had no concerns about speed nor problems with it. <However with that said, if I could compare the two now, I bet my opinion would change.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

Is your battery bad? Apple throttles the performance if your battery is too worn down.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Is your battery bad? Apple throttles the performance if your battery is too worn down.

Well, I wouldn't doubt the battery is shot. But the throttling was introduced before 10.3.3, so the 6s+ was throttled anyhow.

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States

iOS 11 has been an awful buggy release with multiple feature delays. You don’t understand how relieved I was to here iOS 12 is going to focus on stability and performance. Source:I’m an avid Apple fan with some of their latest devices and iOS 11 hasn’t been great for me either. Disappointing to say the least.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Well, I wouldn't doubt the battery is shot. But the throttling was introduced before 10.3.3, so the 6s+ was throttled anyhow.
iOS 11 is more resource intensive, iOS 10 did not require as much power to run smoothly. The slowdown is therefore more apparent.

You can see in the video below the difference between iOS 10 and 11 is quite small when the 6s is running at full speed. On older iPhones, or devices experiencing throttling, there is a bigger difference.

If it is worn out, you might want to look into replacing the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Act3

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don’t feel the difference. I can somehow notice home button delay if I want to. But that’s about it. iOS 11 is not smooth. But not too bad either.

Yes. I’m using iPhone 6s Plus.

I’d rather wait iOS 12 to fix that horrendous gesture system before ever trying to upgrade my phone.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
iOS 11 is more resource intensive, iOS 10 did not require as much power to run smoothly. The slowdown is therefore more apparent.

You can see in the video below the difference between iOS 10 and 11 is quite small when the 6s is running at full speed. On older iPhones, or devices experiencing throttling, there is a bigger difference.

If it is worn out, you might want to look into replacing the battery.

Seems like 11.2.5 is as fast or faster than 10.3.3 in nearly every situation there.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Seems like 11.2.5 is as fast or faster than 10.3.3 in nearly every situation there.

The video doesn't represent the everyday actual feel of the iOS.

Just carrying that extra weight only felt by users who are accustomed to 10.3.3.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
The video doesn't represent the everyday actual feel of the iOS.

In what way? It’s mainly launching, switching between, and using apps and the 11.2.5 device is neck and neck. What do you feel you do everyday that’s different from that?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
In what way? It’s mainly launching, switching between, and using apps and the 11.2.5 device is neck and neck. What do you feel you do everyday that’s different from that?
Home button delay, battery drain, some random stuttering. I have iOS 10 on an iPad Pro 2017 and iOS 11 undeniably feels much more demanding for older hardware to run. iOS 10 feels light on its feet

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Home button delay, battery drain, some random stuttering. I have iOS 10 on an iPad Pro 2017 and iOS 11 undeniably feels much more demanding for older hardware to run. iOS 10 feels light on its feet

Home button response time only applies to 7 and 8, since older devices always worked with with the same timing as the they do in 11. I’m sure you agree. This thread is about 6s+, so it doesn’t apply.

I didn’t see any random stuttering in that video either nor do I see any more or less on my end, that I haven’t seen for the last 5 years or so.

My 9.7 iPad Pro definitely doesn’t last like it used to - I’d go so far to say it’s becoming a problem for me. I suspect however that it wouldn’t be significantly different under iOS 10, it’s just old and the battery is down to 84% capacity.

I see people definitely feel 11.2.5 is somehow slower or heavier, I just don’t see any evidence in my own usage or with these types of comparisons. 11.0 and 11.1 were a different story though, for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.