Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markuslarockus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
My husband and I both have iOS12 on our iPhone X's and we have been trying to do a Facetime call (one to one) for the past couple days but after 10 seconds, it says poor connection on my side. He says he can see and hear me (audio does work 100%) but I cannot see him.

My iPad is same and on iOS12 as well.

Thoughts or solutions? I will go to plan B which is to wipe clean and set up as new, if needed.

Thanks!

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Why are your main devices on iOS 12? - I would reccommend looking at your download network speed and stability. - But bugs are prevalent in Betas, especially first betas.

markuslarockus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Why are your main devices on iOS 12? - I would reccommend looking at your download network speed and stability. - But bugs are prevalent in Betas, especially first betas.

I am fully aware of my actions and possible consequences.

I was asking if there has been similar patterns/instances with some other folks, and what possible corrections that they may have chosen to remedy.

:)

Reactions: jhall8 and Chazzle

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I am fully aware of my actions and possible consequences.

I was asking if there has been similar patterns/instances with some other folks, and what possible corrections that they may have chosen to remedy.

:)

Remedy: Downgrade to a public release of iOS

You should also consider logging the bug with the Apple Developers if you haven't already.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Don’t know why there’s so much judgment here. They obviously knew what they were doing and just came for some clarity to see if it was only them, or not.

I can say that I have been having this issue as well. Mainly after I add some effects to the FaceTime, such as a Memoji.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Chazzle

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Don’t know why there’s so much judgment here. They obviously knew what they were doing and just came for some clarity to see if it was only them, or not.
It doesn't matter if it's only them. They are beta testers and they ought to report problems to Apple, not MacRumors.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
My husband and I both have iOS12 on our iPhone X's and we have been trying to do a Facetime call (one to one) for the past couple days but after 10 seconds, it says poor connection on my side. He says he can see and hear me (audio does work 100%) but I cannot see him.

My iPad is same and on iOS12 as well.

Thoughts or solutions? I will go to plan B which is to wipe clean and set up as new, if needed.

Thanks!

Lol, I get this with the current iOS version :)

I FT a friend, he can see and here me but I cannot see him, only hear. I see "Poor Connection". FT has it's faults and it's still buggy on a public OS as well.

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
This issue still hasn't been resolved in the latest 12.1.2. It's happening when newer A10 or later devices call A9 or older devices and Macs. On Mac when Poor Connection message appears, a bunch of "unsupported url" messages in Console come up. It looks like A10+ devices use a different video connection method, maybe H.265 codec and fail to recognise older devices that don't support this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.