iOS4.3 allow Airplay of iPhone 4 movies to Apple TV?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Mar 4, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Hi can someone who has iOS4.3, and iPhone 4 and a aTV2 try this please

Airplay a movie recording using the iPhone 4 to an Apple TV 2. I heard that iOS4.2 didnt , only for photos and wonder if this has been fixed?

cheers

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

iOS 4.3 does allow this, but it currently doesn't work until next Friday when Apple officially releases iOS 4.3 and updates the Apple TV to allow this functionality.

Keep in mind that iOS 4.3 has only been released to Developers (and those who know how to use google) as a GM build.

3. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Not to de-rail your thread but does anyone know why they havent implemented the ability to airplay from your iphone to computer? I know they have the remote app and that would be fine if it wasnt such a piece of crap and never work properly.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeh I know iOS4.3 isnt out till 11th, but the GM is released for developers for iPhone and aTV2, so was wondering if anyone had this setup and was a developer and could try it.

I agree you should be able to airplay to a computer, would be handy for going to friends and doing this, didnt know you could with remote app already though, which remote app please?

cheers

5. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

its just called remote...made by Apple. It just lets you control your music on your comp through your iphone. A lot of times Ill be layin on my bed with my computer playing through my speakers and I can change songs/change volume through my phone. Pretty neat but Ive had plenty of problems with the app.