iOS5.0.1 = Siri no longer hates my Aussie a**

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WytRaven, Nov 10, 2011.

1. WytRaven macrumors 6502

Response time and recognition accuracy has sky rocketed for me since installing 5.0.1. Siri now loves Australians too. :)

2. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

3. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

*pokes siri* Hi mate where can I get a sanger and some piss?!

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You mean the update included a feature which the release notes expressly said it did? Who'd have thought. :rolleyes:

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Good on you, mate.:)

(Pathetic American attempt to sound Aussie :eek: :D)

6. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I'm wondering if some of these type of changes are occurring outside of the normal update process. Mainly because Siri access' Apple's servers when you talk to her/him, so changes could be made on the non-consumer level that could improve things like this. I notice Siri says things now that I have never heard in a month of use. Just a thought......

7. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

For me Aussie Accent is a corrupt version of British accent. Siri shouldn't have too many problems with your Aussie accent if it works totally fine with my Brit/Indian accent. Worst part is I use US Siri. Actually I am totally surprised as to how it works so well.
    Do you have that low mumbling/grumbling voice for Siri to not recognize you? But good to know it has been taken care off!!

8. blacksurfer macrumors regular

What about my spanglish? I sound like a homeboy from east la.

9. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Me being from Europe and having a soft, not too clear voice, Siri works much better with the American accent as the British one is completely unusable.
    I really have to stop watching Hollywood movies and start looking British detectives and Shakespeare....
    But the American is working quite nicely and I noticed that once it recognized a sentence, it will do it right time and again.