IOS5 not clearing old connection/reconnecting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LapsangSouchong, Nov 14, 2011.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

This is something I've noticed since IOS5. First on the IP4, then on the 4S. In 3 towns, in 2 states (in places where I've usually had a good connection).

Sometimes my phone/data will just stop working. I'll see plenty of bars, and a 3G but nothing happens. And it stays that way. If I quickly toggle wireless, I see the same, but if I turn off wireless for a few minutes then turn it back on I'll see something very different (usually, a bar or two, and NO 3G/E etc.
    Eventually after that it will reconnect. Is anyone else noticing that it's having a hard time reconnecting after it loses service lately?

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes I get the same thing, the iphone has gone down hill in the last few years. Its an old dead design and ATT is the worst carrier on the planet. The only reason to get the iphone is because you love to suffer.

If Buda were alive today he would have an iPhone on ATT, so he could experience all of the suffering life has to offer.

3. zodiaque macrumors member

well its weird because I'm on ios5 and everyone i know swell and we don't experience these problems. could t be the provider messing up instead? I'm from belgium on mobile vikings

4. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I'm wondering about that. I've been on ATT for a few years and never had any issues with them, til a couple of weeks ago. Hmm.