IOS6 on new iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woodynorman, Aug 26, 2013.

1. woodynorman macrumors 6502

So i've tried every iOS7 beta so far and really dislike the amount of white used throughout. I find it hard to read a lot of times...the lockscreen, the message app, etc...I'm just not that thrilled with iOS7 in general. I've flip-flopped back and forth between 6.1.4 & 7 for a couple months now, and i really do prefer iOS6. I do plan on getting the new 5S when it comes out though.

I assume all new 5S will come with iOS7 preloaded? Will there be any way to downgrade for those of us who dont like 7?

Doesn't Apple keep signing old firmware for a little while after a new release? If so, could I get my new phone on launch day, then downgrade immediately to iOS6??

Just wondering if it's even possible?

2. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

You can't, this is like a rule in physics like gravitation, you can't install an OS to a phone that was never made for that OS, it will just say "incompatible firmware"

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Impossible.

The lowest firmware it would be able to run is iOS 7.0

4. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I'm sure Apple will have a way to tone down some of the white or at least is should have a way...

5. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. I guess a jailbreak is in my future. :)

6. swish2351 macrumors 6502

It's not even that white, turn down your brightness and enjoy iOS 7 :)

7. portishead macrumors 65816

I dunno why anyone would want to use ios6 after using 7. That's just crazy talk.

8. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

Call me crazy then. I just like the look and feel of it more. I keep switching back and forth and 6 is what i prefer.

9. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

My jailbroken iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2 does everything iOS 7 does...faster. :p

Windows 7 had lots of translucency, they allowed you to change the 'tint' of the 'glass'. If Apple doesn't do it, I'm sure a jailbroken mod will allow some sort of 'smoke' tint.

10. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

You must wait for jailbreak but it is not 100% sure that you would be able to downgrade

11. Merkie macrumors 68020

Stop OCD'ing and just start using iOS 7. It works fine and you'll get used to in a few hours. This thread is utterly insane.

Anyway, it'll be impossible. iOS 6 for the 5S simply will not exist. You can't downgrade to something that does not exist.

12. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

I've used 7 for way more than a few hours. Probably a total of a month or more out of the total beta period. I don't have a problem with the way it works, I have a problem with the way it looks.

OCD? Really?

Utterly insane? Really?

How is posting a. Legitimate question insane? Sometimes I wonder about the people who post here