iOS6, Wifi, and College Campuses

fatherlytoaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I'm a college student at a state school and ever since iOS6 and the iPhone5 were released, devices have been unable to utilize the wifi network on campus. Is there a specific reason for this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I'm a college student at a state school and ever since iOS6 and the iPhone5 were released, devices have been unable to utilize the wifi network on campus. Is there a specific reason for this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Ask tech support at your college.

nycApple123

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012

I have been experiencing issues utilizing authenticated, password/user-name wifi networks. The iPhone (5 / iOS 6) will connect to the network, but then drop and won't re-connect automatically. This seems to be somewhat widespread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322714?start=0&tstart=0