IOS7 Beta 5 - Birthday from contacts displayed 1 day late in calendar?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by michjosi, Aug 15, 2013.

1. michjosi, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

michjosi macrumors newbie

Just saw that the calendar app shows new entered birthday dates from contacts 1 day later. I tested it in iOS7 beta 5 / iPhone 5 with this configuration:

- Create contact with a birthday "21st August" (no year)
    - Save that contact
    - This contact in calendar is now shown to me as happening on 22nd August!

Anybody can confirm or deny that behaviour?

Thanks Michael

[​IMG]

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

i have the same bug with facebook synching, the dates are one day early tho

3. michjosi thread starter macrumors newbie

And the even worse thing:

Old contacts show the birthday 1 day earlier now in contacts but correct in calendar?!? So now neither contacts nor calendar one can trust.

I hope apple will fix that with beta 6. but can that fix the birthday dates? Need to check how this is gonna synced on my iopad with ios 6.

4. ciacorp macrumors member

This is really a serious problem!!! Still having this issue in beta 6!

5. ciacorp macrumors member

I can confirm that old contacts are displayed with -1 day whileas new contacts are saved and displayed correctly. That makes everything even worse....

6. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I'm actually having this problem on ios 6 so I don't think it's related to ios 7

7. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

That does not happen to me, birthdays are shown on the correct date.... But I get 2 all day events per person.

It will show on the "Birthdays" calendar as "New Event" on their birthday and it will also show as "So and so birthday" with the little present with the bow on top icon.

Notification center will say I have 2 all day long events.

8. ciacorp macrumors member

Crazy bugs. In my case it must be iOS 7: If you add a brand new contact and get to the field 'birthday', by default iOS will suggest you to save the date _yesterday_ and not today. This never happened before. Hope Apple will make a fix after report.

9. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I hate this problem, I could never get the birthdays right on exchange, one day off.

10. ciacorp macrumors member

Could somebody check if this is maybe only a problem with exchange and carddav? Are icloud contacts display correctly in contacts.app and calendar.app?

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Out of curiousity do you have time zone support turned on for your calendar?

12. ciacorp macrumors member

i'm not michjosi, however i tried with and without timezone support. no effects sadly.

13. ciacorp macrumors member

I have found a workaround until Apple fixes that bug: Just use a non-official contacts manager like cobook or contaqs. They all display and register birthday correctly.

14. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Can confirm same issue here on Beta 6.

It's particularly frustrating that it's changed all my Contacts birthdays 1 day earlier.

A sure fire way to p*ss someone off is to forget their birthday.

Hope it's fixed in the next Beta / GM and I don't have to manually adjust them all.

:eek:

15. michjosi thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems to be fixed in iOS 7 GM (11A465). Thanks Apple :).

16. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

It does indeed.

Although I read I the release notes that this fix is only for Contacts whose birthdays had been entered before the Beta process.

There may be some issues if anyone has added a birthday during the Beta and this requires a manual edit of the affected contact.

17. michjosi thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed, I also read the Release Notes and found this:

Contacts
    Known Issue

If you created birthdays using a beta version of iOS 7, the birthday information may have been saved incorrectly. To correct such a birthday that displays incorrectly, edit the contact and change the date.

My question now: How can I export the birthday list or even better, how can I figure out which dates I entered in a certain time period?

18. michjosi thread starter macrumors newbie

There seems to be more messed up with birthday dates. I copied over AddressBook.sqlitedb and checked with "SQLiteSpy". Have so far not found a "rule" where dates are now wrong and where they are not... But there are definitely contacts in my iPhone address-book I for sure did not modify during the use in iOS 7 beta phase.
    I assume the correct format in the database of a birtdays e.g. is:

1978-12-24 12:00:00 which in the database shows up as -694958400.000000

Extracted with:
    Code:
    select datetime(ABPerson.Birthday+978307200,'unixepoch'), ABPerson.Birthday
    from ABPerson
    where ABPerson.Birthday is not null
    ;
    What surprises me is that I also see many dates with formats like this:

YYYY-MM-DD 22:00:00
    YYYY-MM-DD 23:00:00
    YYYY-MM-DD 23:06:32

I assume I need to doublecheck the birthdays of all contacts where the format not equals YYYY-MM-DD 12:00:00

Cheers :rolleyes: