iOS7 Download Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davistld01, Sep 18, 2013.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Anybody else having issues with the OTA iOS7 download. & installation. I keep getting a pop-up saying the OS update is not available. What's up? Are the Apple servers overloaded right now?

2. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

There are download issues and the activation servers are down I have been trying to activate for the last two hours screw apple.

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Same issue here. Tried closing all the apps and also restarting. No luck so far.

4. RadiDoc macrumors member

Download failed multiple times on my iphone 4. It says my iphone is up to date with iOS 6.1.3 now. iOS7 update doesn't even appear anymore.

5. in4fun macrumors regular

is the whole world downloading from the same apple server (something like dwnlds.apple.com)?

6. marram55 macrumors newbie

Don't, I feel like I'm on windows 8, IMO, it's like it lost the apple feel.

7. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    why not connect your phone to iTunes on your Mac and download and install iOS7 from there?
    much faster and more reliable.
    you will need to download iTunes 11 first though …

8. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Faster.........2 hours into the DL in Itunes on a T3 line......servers must be getting gashed big time.

I guess someone at Apple thinks this is amusing or cool but there has to be another way to do this. Maybe by carrier, region, zip code, serial numbers something..........another IOS release and this sucks again!!!!

Time to drop Tim Cook an Email as a disappointed consumer and a very unhappy shareholder.

9. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

It's always bombarded on a release day! I got 3 devices done, 2 pretty quick, but had to keep trying on the 3rd! You will eventually get it though...and I am very happy so far!

EricE

10. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

it will always do this on release day! Maybe they should stager it all over the world, let it be downloaded at 8am in every country, that way the servers will be busy from time to time but in that country... not sure if that will work or not, and some people will probably cry because certain countries get IOS before them... so who knows!

On a plus not, mine took about 10 minutes to download after 4 failed attempts.

Happy boy here!

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

12. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I don't seem to be having any issues, I updated my ipad and sister's iPod with no issues. However, my 4s said unable to update after I downloaded the update but I turned the phone off and now it's installing.

13. FallenAnjel macrumors member

I'm guilty! Of downloading today. I"m excited to see it on my phone. (4s). started d/l it OTA at 5:45. It said "2 hrs remaining" and 10 min into it says "3 hrs remainng" and has said that for 35 minute now. It's progressing slowly.

I had already backed my ipod up to itunes and dont' want to overright the ipod backup w/ my 4s backup so I'm doing it OTA. (I back up to iCloud w/ the 4s)

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Turn WiFi off and on again - been helping for lots of people.

15. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Servers are still getting slammed at 6:23 PM. iCloud backup took 5 hours to complete. I have to do a full restore because I was on BETA so its going to be awhile.

16. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

17. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

I had no problems at all. Downloaded and all up and running on iOS7.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've been trying to download it through iTunes on my computer, but it keeps failing. I'm getting pretty close to giving up and trying again in a day or two.

19. rjkgr macrumors regular

i dont think its a issue it just takes forever to download! because i started mine when i fell asleep and was like half way done

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

first you ahve to be able to download itunes that's down too.

21. megapopular macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's like this every year, ios is getting lots more press because it's a "change" from the older ios that's been around for several years now.

22. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    well, here in regional Australia, we do not have the fastest internet connection in the world, yet it is stable.
    after reading about the issues folk were having with trying to download iOS7 via their iPhone over Wifi, the obvious solution was the one I mentioned in an earlier post - a bit old school, I will admit.
    yet it worked fine for me, and the Missus, and the daughter and the 3 sons.
    we maybe "downunder" and a tad slow, bit we do have reliable broadband and a few smarts - guess that's why we live here :rolleyes:
    y'all may need to come visit sometime ;)