IOS7 problems with iPhone 4S no wifi!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Martylaa, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Martylaa macrumors member

The wife recently got her iPhone replaced on the insurance, however today she now has an issue in which she cannot turn her wifi on, the button is greyed out and we can not get it back on, having looked further into this there seems to be an issue with iPhone 4S phones which have updated to IOS 7 in which they are overheating and breaking the wifi chip to which they are unable to use wifi on the phone, wonder if that is what has happened to the wife's iPhone, we have a Genius Bar appointment on Monday so we shall see what Apple say, anyway she is not happy at this to say the least.
    Here's the link with the article on this developing problem.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2013/iphone-4s-wifi-overheating-with-ios-7.html

2. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

I have a 2 year old 4s upgraded to ios7 and no problems apart from slow reaction which is annoying

3. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

I upgrade my 4S (2 of them) to iOS 7.0.2 with no problems, try doing a Erase all Contents & Settings...

4. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a hardware issue.
    Not an ios 7 thing.
    I'd get it replaced again.

6. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

My 4s has been broken out of warranty some about June. It's a hardware issue absolutely needs to be replaced. I didn't want to pay the two hundred and can't afford an unsubsidized new one. On a side not unlimited data and a 3G phone is kind of hard to use but fun to check your account every once in awhile and think about how much Verizon hates me.