Iowa GOP Focus Group

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Feb 9, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Just like (snaps fingers) that, huh? :rolleyes: What a maroon.

Uh...yeah. :confused:

Heaven protect us....

And then ten out of the 24 believe that Obama is a Muslim. I'd bet every single one of those dummies is a Fox News viewer and/or a Limbaugh listener.

3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm surprised there are so few replies here. This is downright scary.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Some serious sheeple in that group. Scary stuff.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It makes me laugh - and then break out in a cold sweat.

6. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

It's too depressing to discuss at length... The dummies are out there and nothing we say will help them overcome their prejudices and make informed judgments. BTW, the Dems are FAR from perfect, but when is average Joe American going to realize that the GOP does not give a rats ass for them as individuals? They think they are in the GOP club, but they are just patsies.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well you gave it 2 hours during end of the work day and it is a video. Fair amount more trouble and time consumering to watch. On top that it is a pick and choose thing from Fox news. Fox news does not care about the truth so over all I would consider this more or less worthless.
    Hell I see it as more of the standard bash the GOP thread and really no real value in it.
    Your post I would say boarder line on trolling quality and you are trolling to start a flame war.

8. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I said our electorate was uninformed, not our GOP electorate. Plenty of stupid to go around.

9. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

10. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

I agree there is, but the average citizen joining the GOP is like a chicken joining the fox club. The foxes will be eying your drumsticks... :p

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I liked the woman who said "Michele Bachmann is less polarizing than Sarah Palin."

BTW, was that 5P down in front, the dark-haired guy with the glasses?

12. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

What a bunch of doofuses all gathered in one room.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Do you ever remember seeing the acronym decoded? I mean, someone posts their location in caps ("IOWA"), so it got read as an acronym, but all I can remember is the last part, "Out Wandering Around". Anyone know the first part?

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

A blind stab, but how about Idiot??

EDIT: Or Imbecile?? Incontinent?? Insufferable?? Inconsistent?? Ill-Informed??

Oh my, the list goes on, and on.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The one I've always heard is Idiots.

And there's nothing wrong with showing how poorly informed some of the voters are. Unless Fox specifically picked the absolute dumbest people they could find, I take that to be a random sampling of would-be GOP voters.

16. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The idea that that could be a random sampling is deeply horrifying.

17. 184550 Guest

Feeling a little vain, were we?

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Both threads started today regarding Iowa are frightening. There is a lack of conservative posters in both. I find that disturbing. Don't you?

19. 184550 Guest

Disturbing that people in general don't care about crazies? No. Usually the crazies self destruct over time. Take Palin for example.

20. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Probably highly unlikely to be a truly random sampling. Yet, if Fox believes this is the way to portray Iowans, if this is a selectively random sample (e.g., drawn randomly from a pool of Fox viewers), what does that say about Fox? That they earnestly believe that they can continue to feed the country their BS and get away with it?

If that is indeed the case, and if they do in fact succeed, this country deserves what it gets. If the non-far-right is content to allow this to happen, we have no one else to blame.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- disturbing that you don't find either of the subjects of the two threads alarming.

22. 184550 Guest

You guys seem to have that under control.

Though in the future I'll try to remember that my input is so highly valued. :p

23. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

To be generous, the format isn't really conducive to people providing detailed responses. That said, Bachmann is polarizing. She just not as well known as Palin yet.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I can't watch the video here, but was this from Fox? Did it make the Iowa voters look silly, especially the ones who support Bachman, et. al?

I ask because I'm beginning to get a whiff that Fox may be shifting its focus away from the Palin/Bachman/Angle/extremist tea party crowd. I posted a few links in the other thread about Iowa, and in the third story, they were giving a lot of love to the Pauls (Ron and Rand). Far more than usual.

Obviously, I could be very wrong. I don't watch much Fox anymore and I don't like the layout of their website, but it may be something to keep an eye on.

25. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

(Goes into his impression of the Geico dude: ) Does it make the Iowa voters look silly? ...Did the little piggy go "Wee-wee-wee" all the way home?

As far as content, the first clip was a Fox News story with a guy asking a focus group what they thought of clips of various potential GOP candidates, noting that the most positive reactions were for Gingrich and Bachmann. He then asked the people why, and got a variety of brain-dead responses, many of which portrayed government as the big stumbling retard that can't do anything right, and big business as the shiny, holy savior of us all. Palin got props from one woman too.

The second was also a Fox clip with the same group, and the guy asked them about Obama's religious beliefs and many people in the group volunteered that Obama is a Muslim and that that affects his policies.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was very Tea Party-ish.