Iowa lawmaker plans "Suck it up, Buttercup" bill to cut counseling for Trump-sad students

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Contemptible snowflakes.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

stupid GOP. Brought to you by the party of less government.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

More laws more government. Less laws less government simple see.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Great idea. Do these college students SERUOISLY need a room with play doh and puzzles to do? This has to be a joke....and a sick one at that. Are the REALLY that distraught and butt hurt? Really? How proud their patents must be that they've raised such tough and resilient children.

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. I cannot believe this is even for real. How can you not just laugh at these whiny losers?

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Barbara Boxer agrees with you. :p

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Irony is the right calling people snowflakes but being offended by being called deplorables.

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Yes, Real Americans will appreciate such tough love being extended towards Liberal crybabies.

10. cube macrumors G5

11. vrDrew, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

University students are upset about the election of Donald Trump? Good for them. They should be. It is America's young people who will have to deal with the economic, social, legal, and environmental consequences of wrong-headed policies likely to be foisted on this country by Trump and his enablers in the Republican Party. It gives me great hope that the coming generation of educated young people are finally waking up to the consequences of indifference to Trump's proto-fascism.

Freedom of speech and of peaceful assembly are enshrined in our nation's Constitution, in the First and Fourteenth Amendments. If university students wish to meet and discuss their feelings and beliefs about political matters, and if their instructors choose to engage with them on those topics, that strikes me as the perfect example of what higher education is all about.

I will, for purposes of illustration, cite an example of the concerns many University students have about Trump:

12. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I don't believe there is an enshrined right to have the government pay for either. They are on your own dime.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It would appear those without any empathy.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

University students, and especially foreign students, pay tuition to attend classes and to engage with their instructors. It is, in fact, their dime.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or people could not have got over World War 2 yet. Like the "greatest generation".

16. unlinked macrumors 6502a

If university students paid totally via tuition there wouldn't be a budget for him to propose cutting.

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Someone who loves and puts America first. Generally Conservatives and Republicans.

18. 5684697 Suspended

The left perennially baths itself in victimhood while the right is constsntly angry. The left ends up looking more idiotic - raging rioters coupled with blubbering piles of helplessness who need medical attention because their team didn't win.

Wait until they find out what sort of job their gender studies degree qualifies them for.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Hm. But isn't part of putting American's first, taking care of our own? I'm not sure your "real Americans" are for programs that help other Americans. Can you explain your view on how that fits into putting America first?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 17, 2016 ---
    If you think the protests are about not winning, you're not paying attention. Go review the last 18 months of Trump's campaign and tell me again who cries about victimhood. Thanks. I'll be right here waiting.

20. 5684697 Suspended

Just returned from visiting the Churchill War Room in London. A man who would be reviled today by the sneering left and the current, useless generation. Which has to call 911 when they get a flat tire (puncture for our former oppressive rulers).

Huge opportunity for those who relish work.

21. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Absolutely, Real Americans care about our own. Which is why they are so much more generous than Liberals when it comes to charitable donations:

Who’s More Generous, Liberals or Conservatives?

Conservatives give more money to charity than liberals. That's the conventional wisdom, anyway, and at least one new study backs that thinking up.

"How America Gives," published by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, uses IRS data to determine giving patterns across the country, broken out by income ranges across ZIP codes, counties, and states. Researchers looked at adjusted gross income to determine how much people gave, and the study tracked about 80 percent of all money donated to charity by taxpaying Americans in 2012, the latest year for which IRS data was available.
    Overall, the states in which people gave the highest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes were also states that voted for Romney, while states in which people gave the lowest percentage of their adjusted gross income went for Obama. The top 17 states for rate of giving all went for Romney.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Interesting (seriously). I wonder if that's why member of the right don't like government funded programs - because many feel they give "directly" and think that's enough. If that's the case, why isn't THAT the argument used instead of what you typically hear which is that they think each person should take care of themselves and not ask for a handout.

23. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Don't forget that Bill Clinton donated used underwear and claimed a tax deduction. Now that's generosity! :D
    --- Post Merged, Nov 17, 2016 ---
    You appear to have a misconception that "the right don't like government funded programs". That's not true. There are plenty of government funded programs that are perfectly acceptable to the right. What the right does not like is the fraud, waste, and abuse that is commonplace with many of these programs, and the fact that those who are supported by them treat it like a lifestyle. I've never been opposed to giving someone a helping hand when they need it, in fact I do it a lot. What bothers me is when they don't use the opportunity to better themselves.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

You appear to have the misconception that the left prefers people don't better themselves. Or are you suggesting the left doesn't care?

25. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. o_O I said nothing about the left.