Iowa. Trendsetter?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Apr 16, 2016.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So, with all the doom-and-gloom surrounding the impending (it seems like forever) election, I thought I'd add something a little more uplifting to the forum. The fine state of Iowa is giving tax credits to build bio-based products. This includes (questionable) ethanol production, but also climate-friendly alternatives for chemicals historically derived from oil or natural gas. Everything from plastics, to paints, to pharmaceuticals. I like it. Apologies for the link - it is not that informative - I originally found the issue on a Rss feed from my phone...

http://amestrib.com/news/branstad-signs-chemical-tax-credit-bill-ames

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

More uplifting news out of Iowa. After taking short term coaching jobs and doing clinics and even living in his pick up for six months a former Iowa wrestler made the Olympic team last weekend. He lost his father 2 years ago to cancer. He and his family are dirt poor. A GoFundMe account to send his mother and sister to Rio was set up and raised $20k in a day and a half by the wrestling community...not just the Iowa wrestling community but by the entire wrestling community across the nation.

Other wrestlers and Olympic athletes have accounts and need help too.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You can see how much we like positive in PSRI. :p

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I don't understand emotions beyond rage and righteous indignation.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

A true trump fan then

6. 1458279 Suspended

I'd like to see more than just tax breaks, they should have some very low, easy to get business loans and grants for people that have related products. This is the kind of economic stim we really need. This could even be tied to those that create American jobs.