iPhone iP4 on 5.1.1, worth updating to 6.0.1 and jb'ing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brayhite, Dec 22, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I admittedly quit checking the JB community when I got the iPhone 5, and since have turned my old iPhone 4 into my dedicated music player for the house. I had non-media apps hidden so only Spotify, Music, etc. can be used.

Since there's a tether-jailbreak available, and the phone will most likely never be leaving the house, I was thinking about upgrading it to 6.0.1 and re-JB'ing it.

I was wondering if there are any advantages to doing that that I'd otherwise be missing out on? I mostly wanna do it for the Podcast app, but can live without it and stick with the Music app if doing this would be more painful than beneficial.

tl:dr is it worth upgrading my iPhone 4 from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 and rejailbreaking it?

2. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

I would wait for the dream jailbreak that is coming out in a few days.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

don't think it's happening http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/dream-jailbreak-turns-out-to-be-fake-20121213/

anyways, i forgot the podcasts app could be downloaded separately, so i think i'm going to stick with the iphone running 5.1.1 until an untethered 6.x jailbreak comes out and i jailbreak all my devices at once.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There is no reason to go to iOS 6 to be honest, unless you are stuck with it because you bought an iPhone 5.

As I've said many times before, the main "improvements" and features of iOS 6 revolve around Apple Maps, which while are "pretty" in terms of UI, are surpassed by Google Maps which is available in the app store.

iOS 5 jailbroken >>> iOS 6 stock

Where have you been? It's FAKE

5. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

You might as well just hold out for the dream jailbreak

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

people already got Rick Rolled on this pipe dream!

7. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

Since it's Christmas tommorow the Chroniv Dev Team will most likely surprise us anyway with an untethered jailbreak.

8. Triangle Man macrumors member

iOS 6 sped up my device a bit. Everything seems much smoother than before. Scrolling, opening and quitting apps, safari is faster, installing apps no longer makes the phone run like crap.

I like iOS 6. It works really well on my old iPhone 4.

9. ToxieDogg macrumors newbie

Dream on!