iP5 and Pioneer AppRadio 2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bradsnw, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bradsnw macrumors newbie

Anybody here have a Pioneer ApprRadio 2 and new iPhone 5? Wonder if this new phone is compatible. The connector from the AppRadio has a split cable that allows USB connection. Wondering if hooking up the new Lightning cable directly to the USB plugin, and ditching the rest of the Y cable will work.

Sure doesn't seem like the Lightning adapter will ever work to get apps on the AppRadio touch screen. Shame because I just installed this radio like a month ago.

2. bradsnw thread starter macrumors newbie

Any updates from anyone who has received their lightning to 30-pin adapter?

I can tell you that if you plug in the apple supplied lightning cable into the firmware USB port on the appradio cable that it will indeed charge your phone. The music, pandora and app icons light up like they would work, but unfortunately - nothing but a black screen.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I'm curious as well. I know on my Pioneer X910bt, if I dump the 30pin to USB/Composite cable, and instead use the lightning to USB only I get album art and what not showing up on the X910BT, but the audio plays out of my iPhone5's speakers (not ideal). What I am mostly curious about is when/if Apple releases a Lightning to HDMI cable, can we use the HDMI input on the AppRadio2 for music and video input. That would be super sweet.

Or maybe some car stereo manufacturer can come out with an airplay ready stereo....