ip5 leaks are controlled apple leaks to find the holes and distract us

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeuxIt, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DeuxIt macrumors member

the leaked components are all part of apples "doubling down on secrecy". apple is leaking fake parts to suppliers with subtle and unique identifiers so they can determine where a leak sprouted and deal with the specific culprit when that uniquely traceable apple-leaked fake gets leaked to the rumor sites. that and to distract us.

no real knowledge that this is the case, just a hopeful guess. the leaks look apple'ish, credible'ish, but definitely not ten star, knock your socks off design. a taller iphone seems so unlikely.. apple is obviously trying to distract us and catch the leakers. there will be surprise when the the real next iphone is announced.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

What about all the leaks that turned out to be... you know... 100% legit? :confused:

3. DeuxIt thread starter macrumors member

that was the ooooollllllldd apple. this is the new, tim said they're doubling down on secrecy, remember? :)

4. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

That's true...I was surprised about how much was leaking since Tim Cook said they were doubling down on secrecy.

5. DeuxIt, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

DeuxIt thread starter macrumors member

yes! because they're *#%@ing with us and their suppliers!!

6. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is turning out to be like the conspiracy theory thread where Apple makes the home button have so many functions in hopes that it breaks and forces users to upgrade. :rolleyes:

8. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Isn't this the case everytime leaks occur? Then when the leaks turn out to be real, people are left really disappointed. I just can't get my head round elongating the screen like that tho so I really hope you're right.

9. tl01 macrumors 65816

Before the 4s there were a bunch of leaks about a teardrop shaped phone including covers for it and it turned out to be wrong.

10. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yeah it really makes no sense at all. On a web page you'll see more of it, but you'll still have to zoom in because the screen will lack width. I really don't see a point to making it longer.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I didn't claim every leak was right...

12. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Also one of the leaks came coincidently around the time the Samsung Galaxy 3 was launching... :rolleyes:

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Maybe not wrong. Maybe it was an iPhone 5 prototype. And while I don't like the teardrop shape, I like just about everything else about it. And quite frankly, I'd rather the slight taper with a bigger and wider 4" screen, then a vertically stretched 4S.

14. chandra.hp macrumors member

That's pushing the whole secrecy thing to whole new level. I just can't imagine Apple providing fake specs and designs to part suppliers under the guise of a planned production run.

15. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

LOL. Futurama FTW

----------

I hope it is a Hoax. We did already hear that new employees start by working on fake projects, this could be one they used on new employees and decided to use it to distract the media. It is POSSIBLE, and I remain hopeful.

This could so easily have been a prototype 4/4S or even a prototype for the upcoming iPhone, and of course it could be the real thing, which would mean their secrecy really sucks for this launch. Also, the same form factor will be straying from their pattern.

Hear is what gives me the most hope:

We are getting more leaks and pictures than ever before (aside from the iPhone 4 left at the bar) AND we are getting them way before the launch date compared to the other leaks. I just dont get how Tim Cook could claim the double down on secrecy... Only for the flood gates of leaked parts to open right before and after his comment.

16. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

17. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Agreed. Not to mention where most the leaks came from; China. The center of all KERF products. No one REALLY knows, except Tim Cook and those at Apple.

18. infinity12402 macrumors member

I recall someone else saying in another thread that that tear drop iphone was never a leak, it was only a rendering.
    If you go to a phone store, and look at any android phone you can find that close to 4 inches. You will be looking at a slightly larger version of what the iphone would look like. I have a droid bionic and I compared the screen size to an iphone. They are exactly the same width. The new iphone would just be slightly smaller. And I've never thought this phone to look strange.

19. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Check your facts again. There was never an teardrop iPhone leak. It was all renders and rumors.

The new two-tone iPhone was a real parts leak.

20. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

21. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

True... but there were some cases manufactured right?

22. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen a couple of pictures of the front glass, the 'unibody' case, a video of a guy handling said case, and pictures displaying parts (battery, sim tray). The rest are all mockups that people made on their computer, based on those parts.

----------

As for that tapered design, it'll become reality when nuclear power cells with vast capacities become reality. Until then, such designs are simply inefficient.

23. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

1 - I know we are seeing the same parts, but we are seeing them from several sources it seems. And I wasn't counting the mock ups, only the parts.

2 - True, how the battery stand up to LTE with that design.