Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
We attend a lot of concerts and even when there are few floodlights my pictures look overexposed. I dislike using flash as it can annoy the artiste (we are often on front row) and your neighbours and it can add an 'unreal' look to photos.

Is there anyway of adjusting exposure on the iP5 camera through settings (I have looked but may not be looking hard enough:) )

Ta
Uncle H

ayres

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
concerts are very contrasty scenes. where are you getting your light readings? as good as the lens is on the 5, the sensor's dynamic range is still very limiting. my limited opinion on your situation - it's not the camera, it's how your using the ae.

----------

btw, post some images

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
I can't find the AE/AF settings on my iP5 and is there anyway of inserting an image here without a URL?

Found A&E

Last edited:

ayres

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
I can't find the AE/AF settings on my iP5 and is there anyway of inserting an image here without a URL?

Found A&E

ae/af is simply where the box is prior to shooting... hold up the phone on a still scene containing variable lighting, and tap around on the screen to see how the image lightens and darkens. that's the iphone's ae.

it is also the af. but realize that due to the sensor size and aperture, depth of field is very large, so everything is mostly in focus. (this is the one reason i could never be content with the iphone being my only digital camera - though it is my most used digital camera)

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
ae/af is simply where the box is prior to shooting... hold up the phone on a still scene containing variable lighting, and tap around on the screen to see how the image lightens and darkens. that's the iphone's ae.

it is also the af. but realize that due to the sensor size and aperture, depth of field is very large, so everything is mostly in focus. (this is the one reason i could never be content with the iphone being my only digital camera - though it is my most used digital camera)
ta
uncle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.