iP5 Restock Timing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CKtoph, Sep 24, 2012.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Anyone know anything about when the stores are expected to start restocking?

I'm in that state of limbo where I'm not sure if I should order one online or just wait for some to come in stock at a B&M.

2. apierrec macrumors 6502

Call ahead just before B&M store opening everyday. That's what I will do per TC's statement earlier (which is just one BB store close to my place).

3. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

official word from multiple Apple employees I've asked is that it comes daily, sometimes multiple times a day. Usually best available when it opens in the morning, but also sometimes in the afternoon (I've benefited from arriving at the right time during the day before)... just no Sunday shipments, cuz Fedex/UPS doesn't usually ship that day :p

in regards to the big launch last Friday, apparently after everything died down during the day, my local Apple Store had a shipment that arrived an hour prior to closing, so anyone who wanted to buy one could easily do so then. but then ofc this sold out Saturday morning immediately.

4. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

I just walked up to the 5th Ave Apple store (open 24/7) and they didn't have any. He said they get them in the mornings and I should check back either tomorrow or Wednesday at 8am. It seems they do not get them daily though as he didn't know if they'll get any tomorrow and they had none today (I checked in at around 8:40).

5. chachat macrumors newbie

I was wondering whether anyone had any recent experience with online order times from either Apple or AT&T and how that compares to the chance of getting an iPhone at a brick and mortar Apple or AT&T store. I have been debating whether to try a few stores or just order on line?

Thanks...

6. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

Just called our nearest Apple store and was told all they have left was the 16GB Sprint version. He also said they got those this morning, and that was all they got.

From the sounds of it, they are getting new stock in on a relatively regular basis but have no way of knowing what they are getting and when they are getting it.

I, obviously, don't have recent (iP5) experience on this, but in the past, AT&T and VZN stores received their restock shipments in on a much less frequent basis than the Apple stores. IIRC, it was something like once a week at most.