iPad 1 ==> to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Mar 6, 2011.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

okay before you jump on this saying, "Buy the iPad 2"... im more on hte lines of buying iPad 1 or not buying iPad 1 [period].

some tech Background: i have a MBP 13" 2010 model, and a 2-3 year old Windows desktop.
    now the iPad is more of a want (at the killer price of $385 (incl. taxes) its a killer deal)...

my main uses is for eBooks and all.. i dont need an eBook as i have all the books in hard cover already, but sometimes i wish i could just take notes and all (which approves of my reasoning for the iPad)

however, every time i go to youtube and look at reviews on the iPad and [just recently] re-watched the keynote for the iPad 1.. i get this feeling that i shouldn't get the iPad at all...

Now, in case you are wondering, i have played with the iPad for a short while at microcenter, but that's about it. the nearest microcenter is a long ass drive for me so i doubt i will go there again.

Now my uses will be [most likely] limited web browsing.. some good games to play.. and i have been interested in the music apps [ like creating music] on the iPad. I dont own a piano or anything like that, and its a bit hard to use garageband on my MBP, so i thought that buying an iPad will be a great way to play music, especially the piano, etc.

i would also like to listen to music. i do have an iPod Nano 4Gen, just in case..

based on all this, i dont need an iPad, right?

**ugh! im sry for another one of "these" threads..:)**

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Nobody needs an iPad (it's a huge ipod Touch :D) But we all lust for one! I'm getting the iPad 2 for no particular reason other than I love the latest gadgets.

3. poe8 macrumors member

Nobody needs an iPad so I wouldn't waste your time trying to justify it. If you want one and can afford it, buy it as a luxury item. If you can't afford it, then no you do not need one.