iPad 2: a speaker, or a MBA style flip down that reveals a mini-USB and an SD Card...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nishi100, Dec 28, 2010.

?

mini-USB and SD Card or a speaker

1. SD Card Slot and a mini-USB, and "non-improved" speaker.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. A speaker, but no SD Card slot or mini-USB.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Neither

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

What would you rather have?

I know that I would rather have a mini-USB and an SD Card Slot; than a better speaker, that faces the ground - as I won't use my iPad for listening to music, apart from when I'm browsing the web, using the earphones, listening to internet radio, as Apple can't be bothered to enable the FM Radio in their iPads. I wouldn't mind a better speaker, but, I'd rather have a SD Card slot and a mini-USB.

2. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

Personally, I don't think it's a giant speaker. The current speaker sounds fine for what it is and while i'd like another one on the other side, I hardly use the speakers on the iPad for much.

Hardware-wise, an iPad with a better res screen and some more RAM would be just fine.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Doesn't matter what I want. It's gonna be a speaker.

4. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

+1 for (yet another) pointless thread

5. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I'd take the SD Card slot for photos, though I have absolutely no use for a mini-USB port. Better speaker would be really nice, though.

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I really can't believe it's going to be a rear firing speaker.

I often lay on my bed and play a game with the iPad on the bed on propped up a little and me laying on my front.

So the sound it going to be killed as it's going straight into the bed covers.

It seems crazy to have any speaker facing away from you, or firing down.
    what's it going to do when flat on a tablet top, start vibrating the iPad on the table?

If anything I'd like the speaker facing towards me! Now there's a radical idea :eek:

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

SD card slot?:confused:

NOT! Apple is laughing at you even wishing for such a thing:eek:?

You will still be locked to iTunes!:eek:

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Why is this so strange to you? It would do away with the camera connection kit, making it one(or two) less things to take with me when I bring the iPad. I've loved having the CCK when I'm taking pictures with family (especially over the holidays) and having an integrated SD card slot would be very convenient.

9. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

Would have agreed with you a year ago+, but Apple has 'em on macbook pros. I don't see why they wouldn't add one to an iPad.

It could be the killer app (so to speak) millions of photographers would buy an iPad as their "in the field photo back up" device (although a lot of the high end DSLRs still rely on CF cards).

Especially if a company like adobe came out with a Lightroom app for the iPad that could actually allow photographers to sort/flag photos, and do some VERY BASIC editing (like black/white, contrast, etc), then import the changes/flags and info along with the photos into lightroom.

10. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

The connection kit is another way for apple to squeeze 30 bucks out of you, therefore no SD

11. jasg49 macrumors member

Why have a flip down panel on the bottom edge - with poor access while in a dock?