iPad 2 or 4S, which would you choose?

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Would you rather have a 3G 16GB iPad 2, or a 16GB iPhone 4S?

And why?

You're probably going to say "It depends on your usage, we can't read your mind," but my question is which would YOU choose, and why.

I'm interested in hearing your responses.

EDIT: I'm a complete idiot. I didn't say my question correctly... What I really mean, is would you rather have an older iPhone like the 4 + an iPad 2, or just a 4S without the iPad 2

Last edited:

Wasabihound

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
iPad 2 - larger screen, easier to take notes and read emails, read PDFs and eBooks (Kindle or iBooks).

iOS5 gives you a split keyboard so typing is easier.

Games look better too :)

(Note I have an iPhone 4 - so I am sorted in that department anyway but I have no plan to go to an 4S - yeah I know it has SIRI and a better camera - but not deal makers for me).

Hypothetical if I didn't have an iPhone but had a phone with similar camera...hmm...probably still go for the iPad.

:)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'd pick the 4S. It's a much more versatile device that can be used anywhere. My iPad would stay home most of the time.

I have a 3GS currently, but I guess you weren't looking for a "both" answer so that's why I just said iPhone.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Question is way to broad? Everybody's situation is different.

But if owned a 3GS or iPhone 4, I would get the iPad 2.

If I owned a iphone 3G, I would get the 4S.

If I owned a HTC thunderbolt, atrix, nexus s, etc. I would probably go with the iPad 2 and hold out for the iPhone 5.

I currently own an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 though

Last edited:

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Got 'em both. They serve totally different purposes. It's not a choice of one or the other.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I don't think a lot of you are understanding the question. If you could only have one or the other, which would it be? Disregarding what you actually own right now, or your want for "both!" :p

hayden1250

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
iPad 2. I use my iPad far more than my iPhone. The only thing my iPad doesn't do is call and txt. When it comes to web, email, apps etc it does everything better. iPhone is only there to answer calls and reply to texts.

Lioncrazz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
I'd pick the 4S. It's a much more versatile device that can be used anywhere. My iPad would stay home most of the time.

I have a 3GS currently, but I guess you weren't looking for a "both" answer so that's why I just said iPhone.
I agree with this answer. So many different things you can do with an iPhone and it goes everywhere with you.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
iPhone 4S,,, much more portable, excellent aps, awesome camera, and makes calls. Main thing IMHO that the iPad2 brings to the table is real estate, which I would love, [and some power, which I've not really needed], but the ability to have just about all that the iPad has but in a smaller convenient package is what makes me vote for the 4S.

Lioncrazz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
The iPhone 4s is such an amazing upgrade from the iPhone 4 as well. Definitely worth every penny.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
WtF?

This post makes no sense.

Like, Oh I have an iPad. I had to choose between that and a phone. We can't talk now for a week cuz I'm out of stamps.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Perfect pair, I have both in 64 gig. Wifi only though in iPad as I have a mifi from work.

If I could only get one the iPhone is the hands down winner no question.

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
WtF?

This post makes no sense.

Like, Oh I have an iPad. I had to choose between that and a phone. We can't talk now for a week cuz I'm out of stamps.
+1 cuz it was funny lol

I had an iPad 2, but I returned it. Non-retina display just wasn't cutting it for me.. Upgraded to a 4S just cuz, but I'm patiently awaiting the iPad 3.

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
4S easily. Why get an iPad 2 when production is starting to slow down and the 3 will be out in just a few months?

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
If I already owned an iPhone 4? Definitely would go with the iPad; although, I'd wait for the iPad 3 to come out, so I could get a refurbished iPad 2 at a deeper discount.

In reality, I just had a dumb phone with cruddy battery life--the iPhone 4s won that contest easily. However if the iPhone 5/4GS/6/whatever and the iPad 3 came out tomorrow, I'd go with the iPad over the phone upgrade.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
You said 4 plus iPad or 4S. No brainer for me. The 4 and iPad. 4S isn't enough of an upgrade to have to choose only 1 device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.