ipad 2 sales at 5pm (local) at apple, bestbuy, etc.. what about online?

camelsnot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
So how does Apple work their magic with online sales when 5pm local means nothing online (for the most part). So when would Apple sell it online? I'm thinking 3:01am Mar 11th.

nmills

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
So how does Apple work their magic with online sales when 5pm local means nothing online (for the most part). So when would Apple sell it online? I'm thinking 3:01am Mar 11th.
No idea, but I sure wish Amazon sold them. I'd love to get it shipped next day for $4 and no tax!

arthursiew

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
SF Bay Area
No idea, but I sure wish Amazon sold them. I'd love to get it shipped next day for $4 and no tax!
Amazon is not an authorized reseller for iPads. Hopefully they will become one and actually start selling iPads so I can get free two day shipping with Prime. Since Amazon isn't selling it, I guess I will buy it from Abt then... no sales tax!

nmills

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Amazon is not an authorized reseller for iPads. Hopefully they will become one and actually start selling iPads so I can get free two day shipping with Prime. Since Amazon isn't selling it, I guess I will buy it from Abt then... no sales tax!

Oh yeah, I know. Just wISH they did!
What is Abt?

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
US
After chatting with an Apple Employee, they confirmed that they do not know when you will be able to order one, nor the shipping options. So don't expect it Friday.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
If Amazon Germany accidentally listed the iPad 2 early, doesn't that mean that Amazon will sell this device? They have always sold the iPod Touch.

rkheyfets

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
NYC
i spoke with an abt.com rep and they will NOT have them march 11th maybe a week later maybe more...