iPad 2 to be sold at Toys R Us in the USA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by User01748, Apr 3, 2011.

1. User01748 macrumors newbie

not sure if this is threadworthy or not but I poked around and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. just a heads up that Toys R Us stores in the US will begin selling the iPad 2 soon. staff is being briefed on product knowledge throughout the month of April. didn't see any info on it anywhere on the web so I figured I'd drop the information on here.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I'm outraged! The iPad is a serious computing device, not just a toy!
    ;)

3. UserName macrumors member

Remember... it's also a serious gaming device!!! :apple:

Makes sense now? ;)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This seems rather odd to me. I'm surprised Apple is doing this.

5. hoofbite macrumors member

ToysRus already sells most models of the iPod (touch and Nano, plus accessories and even AppleCare), so I'm not surprised they'll be carrying the iPad.

6. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

iPad 2 really thrusts the device in to the gaming ecosystem, much more so than iPad 1. The improvements in graphics are tremendous and we've yet to see even the tip of the iceberg of what this device is capable of. I'm not surprised that Toys 'R Us is going to sell them at all.

7. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

Will this lead to a spike of "My 5 year old just dropped his iPad what do I do?" threads?

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Really ? Why ?

Expanding your retail channels is always a great business strategy. Toys R Us and Walmart are genius distribution channels. You reach low-middle income class, expecting parents, kids, teens, et al, without the Apple store's 'snotty' and 'better than thou' stigma. Plus, Toys R Us has a great brand image.

So, I don't quite agree with, or understand your post.

9. Annerz macrumors regular

Sounds like a lot of little kids are gonna be getting iPads.

10. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Probably, but SquareTrade will appreciate the increased business. :D

11. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Let's be honest. The iPad is an awesome toy for kids. They intuitively know how to use it. And if Apple hooks kids that young on their products, well, they're going to have a bright future :cool:

12. Micjose macrumors member

couldn't agree more, ipad is in the right store now.. more will sell now that kids will see how addicting it is..

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The iPad is already being sold at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, & Radio Shack which already reach the low-middle class. Having it sold a Toys-R-Us just reinforces some peoples' perceptions that the iPad is just a toy or a gaming device.

14. lilo777 macrumors 603

Strong move on Apple's part

Replace Best Buy with Toy's R US!

15. User01748 thread starter macrumors newbie

Toys R Us has been expanding its variety of product for a few years now. it introduced the iPod line in its electronics section a couple of years ago so i suppose this seems like a natural extension. lame netbooks from some other brands can already be found there as well. obviously wouldn't expect to sell iPhones or anything like that ever but hey, i guess it's interesting to see Apple loosen its reigns yet again by allowing another brick and mortar store to sell one of its most important products.