Ipad 3 4G+WIFI 16 GB vs Ipad 3 Wifi 32 GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by soumya, Apr 18, 2012.

1. soumya macrumors newbie

Which should I get among these? I have to sacrifice space or the 4G capabilty.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Only you can answer that question. No one here can answer it for you. Is connectivity more important than space? That depends on what you are using it for. For me, connectivity AND space were important, so I got a 4G 64GB. If I HAD to pick one, I'd pick connectivity and sacrifice space. But that's because I like being connected everywhere conveniently without having to tether. It may be different for YOU.

3. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Exactly. My question would be what's more important to you? Being connected at any given time, or having a lot of media and local storage at any given time?

4. soumya thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in India, does that make any difference?

5. NineFace macrumors newbie

if you like to use internet on your phone on the go then it better to go with 4G

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

The LTE iPads only work in the USA and Canada. Other parts of world only get HSPA plus.

7. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I'd go with the added space. Here's my logic: 4G is a convenience, space is a necessity.

If you have the necessity for more than 16GB (or space is something you might worry about), go with the 32GB. If not, 4G.

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i say go with the lte

:) its so fast

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The OP is in India where LTE is not available.

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

didnt see that..

still think connectivity is better than no connectivity

Sooo go with the AHEM* *** 4g (lte device)

11. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'd have to disagree. Storage space, if needed, can't be added. However, connectivity can be through multiple ways.

12. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i feel ya on that

i just personaly use most cloud based services, netflix, spotify, dropbox (adds more space for photos/vids/ downloads/) and game wise i play quite a few, but only have about 6 or 7 demanding games that require 500mb-1+gb. so 16 gb works out fine for me. not saying a 64 gb wouldnt be nice :)

13. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I hear ya. I had a set budget of around 700 bucks and my choices were 16 LTE or 32 WiFi. Went with WiFi as I didn't want to pay 129 for something I may or may not use. I didn't need 3G on my iPad 2 ever. Of course I don't travel much. If I did, I probably would have purchased the 16 LTE.

14. spankincubus macrumors newbie

ok so ur in india. and u wont have 4G in the forseeable future, lets say u have it also, it may burn a hole in your pocket. But let me give u an idea that you may like exploring :) [im assuming u want wifi + 24/7 on the move connectivty]
    you need these

1. Apple Ipad Wifi Model [space reqmt upto u]
    2. a dongle [for ex: tata photon]

and this is the magic trick
    3. Cradlepoint usb to wifi mobile converter.

so basically take ur usb dongle. and plug it into cradlepoint hardware [its small not bulky at all] the usb data signals get converted into wifi.
    So now u have a mobile wifi hub wherever you go!!! and pair ur ipad to this wifi network.

Done!.

go to cradlepoint.com and check it out. if you dont knw abt the data cards support, cradle point has a drop down where u can see if the dongle u have is compatible with its hardware or not! it supports most dongles in india

http://www.cradlepoint.com/

15. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

nice! yeah i use mine for work, mainly NUMBERS, so its nice having the cell service so it updates on the cloud. reallllly cool how i can do something on my iphone/ipad/mac mini and it instantly updates on the others with internet.

The lte speeds blew me away too. (att) i get 50 mbps down, and 25 mbps up. which is faster than my timewarner 50mbps/5mpbps haha.
    i know it wont be that fast forever once att starts rolling out more and more lte devices/new cities.
    but dammmmnn. If someone would have told me when i was a kid, that i would have internet that is 50 mbps down, and 25 up. I would have laughed at them, much less on a mobile device!

16. Dkorda macrumors 6502

17. WhySoSerious, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

same situation i was in and i chose 4G 16g. i want my device to be connected, independently, everywhere i go.

as it stands today, i have only used about 7g of space on my ipad 3. i find that if you don't load movies, 16g is PLENTY!!!

for music, i stream from Slacker. for movies, i stream from Netflix. i really don't see why people need more than 16g anyway...

18. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nope. Still subjective. If you want recommendations then you need to provide us with your priorities. Otherwise you'll just get people making suggestions based on their own priorities (look at the responses already in this thread) which may or may not be relevant to you.

Lack of being able to understand why doesn't mean that they don't. Again, subjective. Never assume that your needs/wants are universal.

19. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

never assume that i cared what your opinion on the matter was.