iPad 3 apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by memko, Aug 13, 2012.

1. memko, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012

memko macrumors member

I've just got the new iPad 16GIGs 4G but I'm actually worried about a couple of things :
    1.old apps that ran on iPad 2 ..will it work on the new iPad ?? How it will look like??
    2. Is 16 gigs considered insufficient after the enlargement of retina apps size??

I'm kinda short of money to get the 32 GiGs version ...so should I return it for a 16 gigs iPad 2 3G ?? well the size of retina ready apps like keynote decrease on the iPad 2??

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Apps will look fine
    And only you can determine size requirements for your device based on your usage
    I opted for the largest capacity, but others prefer the smaller and Cloud storage

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Ipad 2 apps work on the the ipad 3.

16 gigs will last you a while if you can live with only having 0-2 movies on your device at a time, and only a handful of books depending on size. if you plan on getting huge apps like real racing and bards tale, 16 wont be enough.

i believe apple forces you to download the retina version of any app that is retina ready, even if your device cant play it. So keynote will be just as big on the ipad 3 as the ipad 2.

4. memko thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much :)

so swapping it for an iPad 2 wouldn't do me any favour . Thank you greatly you really enlightened me :)