Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gordesky1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
so my ipad 3 gsm 7.0.4 jailbreak been on 7.04 for years with no problems at all. But than i saw os 9 has been jailbroken? So i went to try and update or even restore by using the shift command and i keep getting the 3194 error, So i tried tinyumbrella and i really not sure what to do.

I also tried redsnow to get the blobs which it did and all what shows is
iPad3,3 3518719181641 remote blobs:

I mean i never had this 3194 error before or any trouble...

All i want is update to 9 than jail break it.

I kept trying and it got stuck in recovery mode showing the plug and itunes icon and i could not get out of it at all even holding down the button and power button at the same time all it did is restart and go back to that screen.. i thought i would have to download the newest update which is not jail breakable.. Than after searching i found this program Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS which worked and restarted my device so its all back to normal on 7.04 jailbreak.

gordesky1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2015
Hmm just found out ony firmware that is signed is 9.1... So pretty much i will have to wait till 9.1 gets jail broken?

Reactions: Applejuiced

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
so my ipad 3 gsm 7.0.4 jailbreak been on 7.04 for years with no problems at all. But than i saw os 9 has been jailbroken? So i went to try and update or even restore by using the shift command and i keep getting the 3194 error, So i tried tinyumbrella and i really not sure what to do.

I also tried redsnow to get the blobs which it did and all what shows is
iPad3,3 3518719181641 remote blobs:

I mean i never had this 3194 error before or any trouble...

All i want is update to 9 than jail break it.

I kept trying and it got stuck in recovery mode showing the plug and itunes icon and i could not get out of it at all even holding down the button and power button at the same time all it did is restart and go back to that screen.. i thought i would have to download the newest update which is not jail breakable.. Than after searching i found this program Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS which worked and restarted my device so its all back to normal on 7.04 jailbreak.
You can only restore to 9.1. That is why you are getting that error.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hmm just found out ony firmware that is signed is 9.1... So pretty much i will have to wait till 9.1 gets jail broken?
Yes…

Apple stopped signing 9.0.2 a month ago.

Probably have to wait until 9.2. There are rumors that a JB won't drop until then.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
It seems the current trend is, if Apple patches the exploits available, the JB is released, if they don't they wait until the next version, unless there is some significant must-have features or fixes in the new version. Usually there is not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.