iPad 4 stuck in boot loop cant kick it out of it need to recover data

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by leeadamaa, Jan 2, 2014.

1. leeadamaa macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

I would like to ask if you could help me recover my iPad files I was on youtube and locked the device when I came back to the device it crashed to the recovery screen. I have tried everything to pop it out of a recovery loop It had iOS 6 on it and I wanted to know if there was any hope of recovering my files. Ide be willing to try anything (No backups, or iCloud backups have been made either). Idealy I would need something to either dump the system memory to my hard drive I dont believe the data to be deleted (I can get into DFU Mode) any help would be appreciated thank you

2. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Try following the guide here to kick it out of recovery - http://www.guidingtech.com/16182/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

If you really can't get it out, I'm afraid you'll have to treat this as a lesson learned. Backup, backup, backup. Once a device is in recovery, it locks the file system, and no tool exists to back up a device in that state.