iPad ipad air 2. I bought refurbished from a Amazon store. Trying to figure what is left in the battery.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mtnbikerva1, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mtnbikerva1 macrumors member

How many charges are left or how old is the battery or the iPad itself. Trying to decide if it is worth it or not. Is the battery on its last legs or almost new?
    Would some info on the tablet give a date to manufacture or is there a way I could find out when it was activated?
    Thank you.

2. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

Search for an app called Battery health - it'lol tell you how many battery cycles have already been done as well as % capacity against spec from new.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 23, 2016 ---
    Battery Health -- Battery and charging information for iPhone and iPad! by Eldad Eilam
    https://appsto.re/gb/Wc4G-.i

I found it to simplify things.

3. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

Your battery will have 100%. Refurbished devices get a new case and battery...

4. chrfr macrumors 603

That's true when they're Apple refurbished. 3rd party "refurbishment" (which is what is involved when you buy one from a vendor selling through Amazon) is very likely nothing more than an external cleaning.

5. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

Agreed. Wiped with a warm damp cloth may = refurbished to Amazon. Who knows.

6. alanlau007 macrumors member

If you have a computer running OSX 10.7 or higher, I'd recommend to use coconutBattery. Open the program and connect your iPad, coconutBattery can show you your iOS device's battery condition.