iPad iPad Air Best Buy 8:00 a.m November 1st

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigtroop963, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Prob true but if you live in an Apple Store city why risk it. BB typically has shallow inventory at launch.

2. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I got at BB all my previous 4 ipads, they have enough at launch day but I am not sure they will open earlier.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I believe they will open early.

4. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I've walked in my local BB for the iPad 3 & 4 launches well after opening and they were typically only sold out on the 16gb or white 32gb models, if you're looking for a 64 or 128, they may still have those on hand.

Personally, I'm going to see if I can curb my impulses and wait for the first batch of open box returned iPad Airs (maybe once the Mini comes out and people return their Air to "side-grade" to the Mini). That way, I can use my BB gift cards and save 7-10% on retail.

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

My local BB told me they were opening at 10AM, Bristol, VA

6. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

7. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

The store locator on their website for my area states that they are open at 8am on Friday. That seems pretty solid.

8. The Flying Kite, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

The Flying Kite macrumors regular

Mine also states 8am on Friday. Definitely going to have to check out Best Buy's website early Friday morning to see if I can do in-store pickup.

EDIT: And it's just become even more definite: http://www.examiner.com/article/ipad-air-to-sell-at-best-buy-next-friday-at-8-am
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a special prize. :D

9. Lowe.joshua51 macrumors newbie

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

11. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It looks like I am now going to have to wait in line.

12. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

This is exciting news for consumers. The world will stop on Friday when iPad Air launches around the globe. Unfortunately supply will not meet unprecedented demand so a lot of people will witness the launch but leave stores empty handed.

13. leenak macrumors 68020

Ugh, I preferred when I bought my iPad 2, they started sales at 5pm. I bought it at Best Buy (ours had about 200 iPads or so). If I have to head to a store around 6am, I'm going to be grumpy.

14. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

There has been no talk if iPad Air shortages only iPad mini. Unprecedented demand? Have not read that.

My store opens at 8. Can't show earlier than that so fingers crossed.

May try Walmart at midnight.

15. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Agreed.

I don't see why there would be a major shortage of iPads.

Tim Cook has shown he is TYPICALLY able to meet the demand at launch. The iPad 3 and iPhone 5 were readily available (at least in northern Indiana) on launch. I don't see why the iPad air will be any different.

The i5S was a different story, it seems the the touch id limited availability (even though I was able to get one at a Verizon store the monday after the launch). Honestly, i believe that the bottleneck caused by the touch id with the i5S is the reason why it is not on the iPad air.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given this news thread: Retina iPad Mini Launch Supplies Set to Be 'Ridiculously Tight' Until Early 2014

I'm fully expecting that all inventories to be shallow.

As for the November first date, is that official? The last I heard was November, no specifics other then month.

17. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

Do you think you're Nostradamus? Stop being a scaremonger. Everyone who wants an iPad on Friday will get one.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just for clarification:

Air is Nov 1.
    Mini is "Later in Nov." Whether that means sometime in Nov or late Nov, only TC could say. From a retail perspective it would seem smart to get it out before Black Friday so that's either the 15th or 22nd.

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I don't expect a big line but I have no idea (nor do they) how many they will get for Friday. I'd check with them on Thursday night before the store closes. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

20. leenak macrumors 68020

I was considering going to an Apple store until I realized they are launching in the morning. I have quite a few Apple stores in my area, two of which are about 10 miles away or so but that 10 miles is hell on a weekday morning. The closest Best Buy is a little less than a mile away. And in the same area there are other stores that may carry them as well including Target and Verizon. Although honestly, I don't care about having one on launch day so I'm ordering online hopefully. Store purchase is my backup plan unless somehow I get some ridiculous 2 week wait or something then I'll try a store.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Really?

(we seriously need a facepalm smiley)

----------

Why? That applies to the Mini, not the Air? The screen on the Air is not as constrained, so why would the Air inventories be "shallow" because the Retina Mini screens are constrained? :confused:

22. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

You really think they would release it on the same day as the Playstation 4 or Xbox One, respectively? Could you imagine the insanity?

23. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

24. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Last year I walked into my local Best Buy at 8AM... no one there. First and only one picking up the mini at opening. I expect a similar launch this Friday for the Air.